PDA

View Full Version : 288mm vectra brakes

Anonymous
24-01-01, 03:56 PM
Has anybody done a 288mm brake conversion? I have some discs and calipers ready but would like more info about the conversion. Does the cliper bolt straight on to the normal Holes or is a bracket required? Do you need to collet the centre hole on the disc so it locates correctly on the nova hub? Do i use the standard disc re-drilled to a 4 stud pattern?

Anonymous
24-01-01, 05:51 PM
you use the calipers as they come and you need to get the remaufactured disks for the 4 stud pattern

Anonymous
24-01-01, 06:04 PM
Will this fit under my Compomotive MO`s? I`ve got 15" ones, and the Cav GSi 256mm go under easily.

Anonymous
24-01-01, 07:30 PM
They should fit ok!!! I think u will probly need a bigger servo unit!! Like from an Astra!
Also if u havent already get ur tie-bar stenghtened where it joins the front beam!! If u brake to hard it will split the beam, or even worse rip the tie bars out!
Personnaly i wouls stick to the Cav GSi units and just get a bigger servo! Unless u have a 2L and lots of cash!

Dicko

Anonymous
25-01-01, 04:41 PM
Cheers lads, I've spoken to Andy Bishop from novalution. If anyone is interested the caliper bolts straight on to the existing mount holes. The disc needs sending away to hi spec engineering (or another similar firm) to be re-drilled and to have a collet fitted to the centre hole to reduce the size. The only other problem is the pads may just catch on the centre of the wheel but this can be sorted with a grinder. ASW quote that the 288mm brakes need at least 15" wheels, they should fit under compomotive MO's as they are motorsport wheels.