PDA

View Full Version : insurance

longeysgsi
13-06-06, 02:51 AM
any1 no of any insurance companys that let drivers under 25 drive other peeps cars

Stuart
13-06-06, 08:04 AM
oh i wish i wish there was an insurance forum..... oh hang on there is :p

Mike
13-06-06, 08:40 AM
oh i wish i wish there was an insurance forum..... oh hang on there is :p

How do you like them apples!!! lol lol

draper
13-06-06, 11:40 AM
peeps ? nah mate, but try gangstaz, that might help

Adam
13-06-06, 04:07 PM
Lol, to answer the question tho, nobody allows under 25s to drive third party on any car.

Some probably would if you paid mega bunce for it.

General Baxter
13-06-06, 05:35 PM
Lol, to answer the question tho, nobody allows under 25s to drive third party on any car.

lies all lies, i can drive upto 3.5tons and 350bhp :thumb:

dannyb
13-06-06, 05:38 PM
Hastings direct let me drive "any other car with the owners permission" I've been with them soley for this reason so I can drive my 'Dads' group 18 (i think) BMW 730i since I was 19. Its also good as you can drive mates cars (with their permission) back from the pub if they want to drink. Sorry to hijack this thread Stuart when it should be in the insurance section!

Adam
13-06-06, 05:41 PM
Hastings direct let me drive "any other car with the owners permission" I've been with them soley for this reason so I can drive my 'Dads' group 18 (i think) BMW 730i since I was 19. Its also good as you can drive mates cars (with their permission) back from the pub if they want to drink. Sorry to hijack this thread Stuart when it should be in the insurance section!
Cool, everyone i rung said they wouldn't allow me to :( Lol

dannyb
13-06-06, 05:43 PM
Every time you tell someone you're with Hastings they sing that gay 0 800 00 10 66 song though. Hence why I'm quite tight lipped on the matter!!!!

draper
13-06-06, 08:00 PM
my mate can drive any vehicle, has been able to since he passed his test ??

Will
14-06-06, 11:41 AM
CIS used to do this for 17+ - Not anymore

Norwich union used to do this - Not anymore

Highway used to do it for 21+ - Not anymore

Infact other than hastings u just mentioned i dont know of anyone that allows it now purely for the reason of young inexperienced drivers driving highly powered cars

annoys me tho as i wanted to driver other cars on my XE insurance with highway (im 23 with 5 yrs ncb) and i cant now

Gutted

p.s. this shud be in insurance

Jack
14-06-06, 04:54 PM
CIS used to do this for 17+ - Not anymore
Heh, that used to be on TPFT policies too. Oh the fun I had with that one lol

Although oddly the Q&As on their site says:

Q: Am I insured to drive someone else's car?

A: No, Third Party Liability whilst you are driving another vehicle is not generally available except when

(i) the vehicle does not belong to you and is not hired to you under a hire purchase agreement
(ii) there is no other insurance policy which insures you
(iii) the vehicle is being driven due to emergency.

draper
14-06-06, 06:03 PM
so, as long as its not your car, its not insured and your hairs on fire your ok :thumb:

longeysgsi
15-06-06, 12:07 AM
that got me to razor jack