PDA

View Full Version : c20xe conversion

db_1.2
12-06-06, 05:17 PM
Im looking at doing a c20xe conversion into a shell im looking at, or perhaps my existing nova, anyway i was wondering how much it would cost including mounts, shafts, gear linkages if need etc basically everything including engine, i will be doing the conversion myself, so firstly i would like a rough price guide on that, secondly i would like to know how much it would cost and what would need to be included in putting t45's on the c20 xe? thank you for viewing hope you can get back to me with help:thumb:

Mike
12-06-06, 05:23 PM
right, LMF vauxhall do an easy fit kit with mounts, shafts hubs and a DIY instruction set for bout ?489 iirc.

A injection fuel tank (nova GSi) and pump (nova GSi) would be needed, as will a Nova GSi radiator and fan.

Then you'd need to source and engine + box and suitable brakes and suspension. (This is where your budget would escalate) Astra GSi brakes would be about ?40/50 for a set of calipers, then get disc's and pads (?50>180). Suitable suspension like coilovers (?450>700) to cope with extra weight would be best but Spax hardened shocks and progressive springs would imo but 'ok' to get you up and running.

T45's will escalate the price by quite alot tbh, but then you could do away with the injection tank, pump and loom, ECU etc.

Just keep your eyes out for cheap used parts and you could get it done cheaper then you might think!

Mike

NickWalliams
12-06-06, 06:09 PM
wouldnt bother with the carbs yet, you could easilly do the conversion for about ?500- ?800 you dont need a lmf ****e kit just use gte shafts and cav inner cv's get a mount made for about ?20 with two little alli spacers for the rear mount and ur laughing

NickWalliams
12-06-06, 06:17 PM
shafts ?30
inner cv's ?70
induction kit ?40
mount kit ?50max
engine and box with loom etc ?250
brakes ?80 inc calipers pads an discs

Total of above ?520

you may then need a gsi tank rad etc but thats peanuts really

Suspension kit if you dont already have one ?200-?600

so ?800 would do you a decent conversion you may wish to renew track rod ends ball joints etc but if it isnt broken then dont fix it

My xe conversion cost me ?700 all in bought an astra gte 16V for ?175 and paid a mate ?200 to fit it.

Let conversion cost about ?3k

db_1.2
12-06-06, 11:20 PM
already got spax 40mm all round springs and shox so thats ok

Thank you very much for help guys:thumb::D Very much appreciated

Yeh the main reason i wanted the t45's was to give a change from the normal c20xe and also so i dont have to change the tank.....cus im lazy!lol

Yeh i think ive saved enough so far now all i need is a shell i dont fancy doing it on the nova i got at the moment.

One other thing, would the gsi or gte shell need the engine bay strengthening (if that is a word)? Only theres a gsi shell on here im interested, i could get it done cheap anyway, well free, if its just a case of stich welding the bay and putting a few bits of metal in the places need!:)

Adam
13-06-06, 12:06 AM
Yeh the main reason i wanted the t45's was to give a change from the normal c20xe and also so i dont have to change the tank.....cus im lazy!lol
Lol, id rather swap the tank and save on the rolling road costs of having the carbs set up.

If its going to be a every day car? I'd keep it on injection.

db_1.2
13-06-06, 04:40 PM
Yeh i did think about it more today, perhaps when i get my double pay rise after trainging lol thanks for the help, ill be saving this thread for further use, ill put pics up of shell when/if i get it, just need a place to store it at the moment and grandads too selfish to let me use his huuuuge garage:mad: silly old man, looks like ill have to offer him money