PDA

View Full Version : Calipers

Anonymous
23-01-01, 11:23 AM
Ive got a little problem with the size of my calipers. Im currently running on Astra 16v old stylee calipers (biggest ones) and Black Diamond discs. I tried fitting 6.5x16" Speedlines at the weekend and one of the front wheels just locked up when i tried to pull away. One of the calipers had rubbed against the alloy and would not turn when off the floor. I've been told the calipers are two big and that the way around it is to fit GSi calipers form an Astra or Cav. Does this sound right ? If so has anyone got any for sale ?

Anonymous
23-01-01, 02:57 PM
If it is the old sylee ones that look more like SR calipers as appose to looking like the GSi and Astra GSi ate calipers, then the way my mate got round this was to grind part of the face off the calipers just enough to clear the wheel, this was on 15" alloys. I have fitted vectra V6 GSI calipers and discs on mine with allesio's on and the only thing that catches is the inside edge (Metal piece) of the pads.

Anonymous
23-01-01, 04:29 PM
you must have something wrong cause i managed to get 16v calipers under 5j 14" sri black steels with 3mm spacers bit i did have to remove 1mm from the pads

Anonymous
24-01-01, 08:08 PM
Ye, I aslo have Cav GSi 256mm discs under my nova 3-bar alloys using a 3mm spacer!! And with lots of grinding work!!

Dicko