PDA

View Full Version : xe running problems help needed

valvercorsa
10-06-06, 10:21 PM
ive just bought my brothers xe nova and its fitted with r1 bike carbs

i had thee idea to fit a 1.0l carb engined nova loom as in threory it should run the car
i have fitted the loom today and the engine is tickin ova very slowly i have checked and re-checked the earths and wiring.

i have also got a black wire thats near the starter motor but dont no where it goes?????

any ideas would be a great help

cos im pullin my hair out ova this http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Adam
11-06-06, 12:20 AM
Why have you fitted a 1L carb loom?
The 1L loom has a ghey black resistor wire that runs as a 12v to the coil.
Dont think that would cause the engine to tick over slowly tho, it would just cause it to not start iirc.

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 10:41 AM
i fitted the 1l loom becos it looks alot more tidy under engine bay, also it should work lol

where is this lil grey black resister wire?
do i need to fit this to coil?

Adam
11-06-06, 01:13 PM
Its the black wire that goes to the coil, it needs replacing with a normal wire.

Assuming you have fitted the 1L coil wiring etc.

I dont think thats your problem tho.

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 01:44 PM
the engine is tickin ova now at normal speed but there is no spark from the coil, the black wire that goes to the coil is a live isnt it? so do i need to run another live to the coil?

Stuart
11-06-06, 01:49 PM
erm how is the engine ticking over with no spark? lol
what are you doing to run the ign? left the std ecu in or got a cav dizzy setup?

you need to run a switched live form the ign swith to the coil

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 01:54 PM
u no wat i mean lol
i am running a 16v dissy and coil, with a 1l carb loom so just wired the coil wires from the 1l loom to the 16v coil

Adam
11-06-06, 01:55 PM
I dont get at all why your using a 1L loom.
Just keep your loom and remove any wires you dont need.

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 02:01 PM
i used the 1l loom cos i thought it would b easier and it would run. but looks like im gonna have to put the valver loom back on as it just wont run the coil

Stuart
11-06-06, 02:03 PM
for a start. less of the text talk or your help gets cut off :p
And no i dont know what you mean. how the fcuk can you have the engine "ticking over" inffering its idling. But with no spark? muppet

have you got the ecu plugged in? if not then its NOT going to run. the dizzy that you see on the XE is a "fake" one as its merely a hall sensor, and cant run on its own without the ecu etc

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 02:10 PM
no need to get agressive :roll:
so i need to fit the 16v loom then and i ment that the starter motor was tickin over.
ill just leave u too it :thumb:

Adam
11-06-06, 02:59 PM
The 1L loom wouldn't have extra connectors for the parts of the xe engine, as its just a carb loom, with connections just for the ign coil.
Tbh, id just refit the xe loom.

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 03:37 PM
im gonna try and run another ign wire and see if it works if not gonna fit xe loom. thanks anyway mate

dan23
11-06-06, 06:25 PM
if its on bike carbs does it still need a ecu
did it run ok before the looms were swapped
sounds like the black wire is ing live to coil but just a guess
EDIT
i posted this after reading just one page sorry

Stuart
11-06-06, 06:36 PM
you need the ecu... OR the cav dizzy setup. otherwise no dice.

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 07:01 PM
how does the cav dissy set up work? wat do i need and needs to do?

Stuart
11-06-06, 07:25 PM
you need to stop text typing :p

valvercorsa
11-06-06, 09:24 PM
sorry :)

valvercorsa
15-07-06, 06:25 PM
i got it running now on the cav set up but i need a cav distributor plug now, anyone help?