PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fibre VIN plates

novamadman
10-06-06, 04:27 PM
Bought some carbon fibre recently and cut the shape of the vin plate out of it for myself. I have enough carbon left over to make another three if anyone is interested.

Here is a few examples of what dave france made for matthew manners and martin kelsons car

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/rallynova/vin%20plates/leadfill-014s.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/rallynova/vin%20plates/PV2003043.jpg

I am in contact with a place in vancouver about getting dry transfers made to get put on. You can have whatever you want within reasonable size of course. Then i will laquer over them to give a good finish and protect them.

I have not had a confirmed price for the transfers as yet so cannot give a price.

Please pm me if you genuinely want one. First three genunie pm's can have them and i will get in contact as soon as i can sort a price.

Shane

joff-turbo-nova
10-06-06, 06:44 PM
Been after sourcing one of these - count me in for one.

Cheers

Joff

tom_beverley
10-06-06, 06:46 PM
I'm in too ;)

novamadman
10-06-06, 06:58 PM
no bother joff

1.) tom_beverley
2.) draper_midlands
3.) joff

they arent that hard to make just being careful not to mark the surface of the carbon, is the main thing, most costly bit really is the lettering.

ill let you all know a price soon and if your happy then take what you want on it and order it with the people when i order mine.

cheers shane

Phil GTE
11-06-06, 02:19 AM
I'll have one.

Thanks

novamadman
11-06-06, 09:02 AM
sorry phil but unless those three change their mind they did ask first so have to give them first dabs. chat on msn

shane

novamadman
11-06-06, 11:54 AM
problem- got an email from the people i was getting the ransfers done by - $58!!!!!!!! lol

needless to say i wont be using them im going to see my local signwrite to see if he can do it.

i can send you the plain carbon fibre plate cut to fit or you can wait and see about this lettering on monday

please let me know

shane

Stuart
11-06-06, 12:11 PM
thats a mere ?24 lol is that for all threes lettering or just one?
ive got a good vynal suppliers details

novamadman
11-06-06, 12:18 PM
?24 each!! i imagine its gona be a lot less with my local place so ill see on monday.

who do you know?

shane

draper
11-06-06, 01:21 PM
let me know how much you can get it done for pease shane, altho i might just get it blank as i dont actually have a shell yet :wtf:

got my eye on a mint white one tho, should find out in the next few days

RJM25R
15-06-06, 09:21 PM
I'm sure Fearless will make some ifr you have more than 3 takers for them...

novamadman
15-06-06, 09:26 PM
I'm sure Fearless will make some ifr you have more than 3 takers for them...

i spoke to dave about it but he said he only really made them to leave his mark on the car, and only really wanted to make it for one he had serious involvment in although helped me immensly cheers dave

i didnt realise how easy it is

fybrelyte -?17.00 delivered for a piece of carbon enough to make 4 of them

then just get your local decal place to put some stickers on - have not yet got a price for this as they havent finished it yet but im sure its not going to be a fortune

then laquer over it

pretty easy and straight forward as the carbon is easily cut as well.

looks the bollocks as seen above :thumb:

as for those who wanted ones sorry but i am using the resst of the carbon i have but as above fybrelyte are excellent and cheap

shane