PDA

View Full Version : reno 5 turbo for nova 1.0

Dave.
10-06-06, 12:58 PM
ive been offered a r5 turbo with no mot for my nlue nova ( as seen on other posts)
what you think as im unsure and dont really know about reno 5s

dannyb
10-06-06, 01:28 PM
didn't you buy that NOva for ?30 or something? You'd be a mug not to, then you can break the R5 for parts, sell them on eBay and then get a decent Nova!

Jack
10-06-06, 04:25 PM
Depends on condition of both cars tbh. Renault aren't renowned for build quality lol

Dave
10-06-06, 04:33 PM
i had a renault 5 turbo an it was nothing but grief most of the time tbh but when it worked it was sweet as a nut!

problem with them now is that they're old an 99% have been thrashed to within an inch of their life so require lot of ? spending to get them right again.

but the decision can only be yours

valverguy
10-06-06, 04:34 PM
Everytime mate... renault 5 turbos are the kings of retro hot hatches! Rebuild it get a big front mounted intercooler and wack the boost up a bit for about 150-160 bhp and its reasonably reliable so long as you mentain the car!

Jules
10-06-06, 05:13 PM
Everytime mate... renault 5 turbos are the kings of retro hot hatches!

I beg to differ - MK1 VW Golf GTi.
:)

SRlew
10-06-06, 08:09 PM
^ also agree!

but yer do it mate if you think you can make money on it.

Nova_Houch7
10-06-06, 08:49 PM
hav u got any pics of the r5gtt, i love em, was ganna buy one off my mums husbands brother, its a black shelled one, which is completely standard, most engine parts are renewed, altho head went again recently, but hes the only owner, i want it lol

draper
11-06-06, 05:23 PM
ive been offered a r5 turbo with no mot for my nlue nova ( as seen on other posts)
what you think as im unsure and dont really know about reno 5s

and prob no log book but a free screwdriver to start it with

mikey14sr
11-06-06, 05:49 PM
5's are great if you like to drink a lot of tea, they just boil themselves to death most of the time.

Dan
11-06-06, 07:06 PM
i presume that comment comes from owning many of them yourself mikey :roll: :tard:

The renault 5 turbo was very reliable if left alone in standard form, also reliable if tuned properly. Alot of the old wives tales and rumours come from the chav tuning brigade which did very minor mods and gave them huge doses of boost instead of doing it properly which made them not so reliable and they quickly got the 'alleged' bad name.

All in all a fantastic car if treated with some respect

Mike
12-06-06, 08:37 AM
i presume that comment comes from owning many of them yourself mikey :roll: :tard:

The renault 5 turbo was very reliable if left alone in standard form, also reliable if tuned properly. Alot of the old wives tales and rumours come from the chav tuning brigade which did very minor mods and gave them huge doses of boost instead of doing it properly which made them not so reliable and they quickly got the 'alleged' bad name.

All in all a fantastic car if treated with some respect

Agreed Dan, if done properly you will suffer very minor problems with it. :thumb: But it still may be worth buying to break for parts!

Dave.
12-06-06, 05:15 PM
ive just bin to view the reno 5.
well what a dog it was.
1stly it was a normal reno 5 with a turbo bodykit onit (or different shell)
2ndly it has more rust that a battle tanker
3rdly it had no wheels or brakes
4thly it what reported stolen from stockport.
so i turned away and said no thanks.
i think ill keep my good old nova.

dannyb
12-06-06, 05:26 PM
How did they steal it from Stockport with no wheels or brakes?

Mike
12-06-06, 05:26 PM
4thly it what reported stolen from stockport.

id report it! After having one of my cars dissappear in the night i have no time for theiving skally's so personally id get my own back on them! :mad:

That car, was once probably someones pride and joy and now its nothing but scrap! Imagine if that were your car :confused:

Dave.
12-06-06, 05:30 PM
its ok i allredy have.
i got a ?200 reward for finding it
jobs a guddun.
got some seatcovers and 20 speakers and kept the rest.
so it was kinda good i went to see it
wernt it?
what you have stolen?

draper
12-06-06, 06:07 PM
How did they steal it from Stockport with no wheels or brakes?

that'd be scousers for you, told you they'd be no log book !! lol

mikey14sr
12-06-06, 07:33 PM

never owned one myself dan but have known people with them. You're right about them being fantastic little cars if treat well, but as you say too many people just abuse them by whacking the boost up without making sure of keeping temperatures down, something even the campus had problems with.

Come to think of it, my little runt is struggling to keep cool lately.

Stuart
12-06-06, 07:43 PM
someones an attention hoe :p

Dave.
12-06-06, 09:27 PM
the wheels were sold. they said.
o and im a scouser aswell
n im nit an attenttion whore whats novaload 4 if u cant tlk 2 ppl onit.

Jack
13-06-06, 12:32 AM
someones an attention hoe :p
http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p956816reg.jpg
?

Ste L
13-06-06, 12:40 AM
the wheels were sold. they said.
o and im a scouser aswell
n im nit an attenttion whore whats novaload 4 if u cant tlk 2 ppl onit.

:english:

:mf:

Nova_Houch7
13-06-06, 01:42 AM
love the pic of the hoe RJ hahahaha made me laugh neway