PDA

View Full Version : "letre sets"

novamadman
09-06-06, 04:11 PM
anyone know any online art shops or similar that would do really small white sticker lettering. needs to be really really small, its for a carbon fibre vin plate.

been in local towns and know one has anything small enough

also does anyone no any legal problems with using carbon fibre vin plate instead of original one evern if u had them in glove box

shane

MARTIN KELSON
09-06-06, 04:15 PM
Shane,

No problem using carbon vin plate, i have one, been on for years with no problem.

Letre set have their own web site and you can buy on line direct through them.

Martin

Ste L
09-06-06, 04:29 PM
you got an address for them martin?

novamadman
09-06-06, 05:02 PM
cheers martin - do you have their site? shane

fearless
09-06-06, 05:59 PM
Do a search on google for dry transfer lettering (or similar) - load of places come up

Or try http://www.letraset.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=139&cat=Transfer+Lettering&ssctn=default for Letraset although you may struggle for white lettering (Not had a proper look on there site)

Dave

fearless
09-06-06, 06:11 PM
I've just dug out the stuff I used for Martin's carbon chassis tag - I used the 4mm lettering, in white from this company

http://www.decadry.com/en/transferts/standard.htm?1-10

Hope that helps

Dave

novamadman
09-06-06, 06:19 PM
cheers dave

got the carbon fibre yesterday and made myself the shape turned out quite well lol just need these letters

emailed that crown on that link, was also thinking of going to local signwriters tommorrow morning and trying them to get them made so you could get the chassis no. in one piece and stick it on - and it wud be straight rather than putting each letter on individually.

then plaster it in laquer

have enough carbon left to make another few if anyone wants one?

shane

fearless
09-06-06, 06:25 PM
have enough carbon left to make another few if anyone wants one?

shane

Awaits the flood of requests ;)

Don't make too many - you'll ruin the exclusivity of owning a carbon chassis tag !!!!!! LOL

Dave

novamadman
09-06-06, 06:26 PM
hopefully not lol

have enough left for 3 at most wud make one for someone if they wanted as like you said there not too hard just a wee bit time consuming doing it right

shane