PDA

View Full Version : K&N's ?????????

Anonymous
22-01-01, 12:24 PM
right, Ive got a 1,4sr 1991 H with a Piper Evo 3 rear box. I'm thinking of going for a K&N, but is it worth it ?
What sort of difference will it make to performance ?
Any ideas ?

Anonymous
22-01-01, 03:42 PM
Performance I shouldn't think will be that noticeable, but sound well smart.

Anonymous
22-01-01, 03:44 PM
:o* I've had loads of advice on air filters, and I've been told you can expect 7 - 10 bhp more with a good air filter like K&N. But my friend has a Peugeot 205, with a 'Green' air filter, which he was told was better than the K&N, because the GREEN filter was more oily?? But im not sure, I think if I get one soon, it will be the K&N 57i for sure!!!! Do it if you can!!!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 04:18 PM
If u have a sr not sri it won't be a 57i but a bolt on filter, u will see a slight increase in power and a better engine note, i would recomend it 2 u

Anonymous
22-01-01, 05:12 PM
remember some cold air duction too!!!!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 06:32 PM
Yeah not much power increase (if any) mine on a 1990 SR sounds a bit meatier over 3000 RPM will proberbly sound nice with your Piper evo 3

Anonymous
22-01-01, 07:57 PM
U will notice a nicer sound and ur engine will be more revvy over 4k! I would defo recomend 1! However wait a few weeks for the bad weather to pass!!

Dicko

Anonymous
22-01-01, 08:12 PM
I fitted one the other day, you will need to drill for the breather pipe but you'll be glad when you've done it. Mine feels a lot better and the noise is ace.

Anonymous
23-01-01, 10:10 AM
hmmm, I have a bolt on K&N. You definatley hear a better sound from your engine bay when it's sucking the air in. Performance gains aren't that noticable, but with a performance exhaust, you might feel a slight increase. However, they are prone to freezing your carb during motorway journeys in cold weather - belive me, I know! Also, when removing the u.s.s enterprise from under your bonnet (standard air filter) you will now be ablt to fit a strut brace across your engine bay :)
Go for it, but keep your old filter for the cold weather!
Jim

Anonymous
23-01-01, 11:15 PM
where can I get a k&n for my 1.3sr. I don't want a stright swap so how do I fit the universal ones???