PDA

View Full Version : Weird Wheels!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 10:32 AM
Can any one please help me out?

I have a set of 14's on my 89 GTE at the moment, i do, however, have a set of 15's on order and i am eagerly awaiting there arival.

But on to the problem..... The fron tyres on my wheels have only 1.6mm on them and the back are minter. I decided to change the wheels over. So.. having done this i now find that the offside rear wheel rubs on the edge of the arch. This did not happen before the wheels were changed around. There are no spacers on and the profiles are the same on all tyres (185/60/14). I dont want to put spanking new rubber on there if it is goin to get shagged on the arch (195/45/15). Any sugestions other than arch rolling? Why is it doing it now and not before. When you stand nack and look at the car the wheel looks as if it sticks out wider than the other side!
BAFLED!!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 01:39 PM
Don't know but get them tyres sorted, i had 2mm on the front two on mine and had a blowout with one on Sunday !! Your running on the bare minimum.

Anonymous
22-01-01, 03:47 PM
The previous owner might have damaged a wheel, and replaced it with one of the wrong offset?

Anonymous
22-01-01, 04:10 PM
they proably are different makes of tyre and different makes have differnt dimensions

Anonymous
22-01-01, 06:40 PM
all of the tyres are the same make, and profile. i have the reciept for hte wheels, I dont THINK that one has been replaced. I will have to c what happens when the 15's arive. I will let ya'll know! Cheerz PeepS