PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see crashed Nova @ PV

craig green
07-06-06, 02:10 PM
My Nova at PV. I hit a woman in a Rover in Northampton. Fully front ended my car. Lights & indicators smashed to feck, bonnet curled down. Front panel bent & my new wing fitted Friday night has bent too.

Anyone remember me. Caused more interest than when it was in good condition.

car is Satin Red with black Cav GSi rims. Was rather embarrassing to say the least.:roll:

CG

Adam
07-06-06, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the bump.

Was it your run around?
That you put a pic up of? It 5dr front wings?

Looked a good shell too.

Any pics of the damamge?

craig green
07-06-06, 02:16 PM
Got some pics on the camera. yeah was my runaround. Got quite attached to it.
It got me home though & is still running so she's a tough old dog.

CG

Adam
07-06-06, 05:21 PM
Lucky the radiator wasn't damaged.

craig green
07-06-06, 05:24 PM
first thing I thought as I got out at the accident scene was ' how much coolant is gonna be pi$$ing out the Rad?'

luckily The rad only got shunted back a bit & the strut that supports the upper fr panel barely touched it. Otherwise I'd have had to AA it home.

CG

craig green
07-06-06, 08:59 PM
In the car park.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/STA40183.jpg

martweaver
07-06-06, 09:00 PM
Crikey mate - thats worse than i expected!!
Was good to see you at the show - Biiling?

Mart

Adam
07-06-06, 09:02 PM
Looked a tidy nova too.

Is most the damage cosmetic or has it bent the inner wing etc too?

ade
07-06-06, 11:19 PM
insurance write off that will be - buy it back from them or just dont claim - you can get it back in shape for under ?500.

geoff H
08-06-06, 12:08 AM
Vey nice looking car i wouldn't pull it off the road for such little damage, if you didn't live so far away i wud bid you on that, i like it

Geoff

Mike
08-06-06, 08:43 AM
i bought my SR back from my insurer's for......wait for it.......?30! lol

SRlew
08-06-06, 09:55 AM
no way mate that is gutting. looks tidy in the pic aswell.

bump
08-06-06, 10:51 AM
It was certainly tidy.

Craig: From the details in the Newquay thread it shouldn't be too bad to sort out. Keep us informed as to how it's going.

Cheers

Bump

Rob77
08-06-06, 12:54 PM
insurance write off that will be

Hint of Master Yoda...

Something you aren't telling us Ade!?

:p

craig green
08-06-06, 01:04 PM
thanks for the comments guys. by my reckoning it needs a new fr panel (upper) & bonnet & headlamps obviously. Ive got indicators for it.

Did look quite nice prior to PV. Ive droipped it -60mm recently & its wearing my satin black Cav GSi wheels for the weekend too.

CG

Mike
08-06-06, 01:06 PM
Hint of Master Yoda...

Something you aren't telling us Ade!?

:p

well, tbh its a combination of age, mileage, availability of parts and re-sale value compared to cost to repair! :thumb:

letvalva
09-06-06, 07:54 AM
My Nova at PV. I hit a woman in a Rover in Northampton. Fully front ended my car. Lights & indicators smashed to feck, bonnet curled down. Front panel bent & my new wing fitted Friday night has bent too.

Anyone remember me. Caused more interest than when it was in good condition.

car is Satin Red with black Cav GSi rims. Was rather embarrassing to say the least.:roll:

CG

yeah i seen it i was more or less right next to you on the campsite, white let nova with polished half rear cage in on speedlines

craig green
09-06-06, 10:00 AM
yeah i seen it i was more or less right next to you on the campsite, white let nova with polished half rear cage in on speedlines

Ah Yeah.. I got some sweet pics of your Nova mate. really nicely turned out, your car.

CG

Jack
09-06-06, 10:18 AM
insurance write off that will be - buy it back from them or just dont claim - you can get it back in shape for under ?500.
Yup, most insurance companies would write a Nova off for as little as a bust headlight or single damaged panel!

If you do write it off and aim to buy it back (assuming FC), bear in mind they will deduct your excess from the value they give you - so if they decide the market value is ?500, if you have ?0 excess you'll be ok, but if your excess is ?500 you get sod all!

tbh its never really worth claiming to repair a Nova.

Mike
09-06-06, 10:21 AM
yeah as i found out because my insurance went up by over ?1k!

craig green
09-06-06, 10:26 AM
TPFT & tbh for the cost of a fr panel (?40) & a couple headlamps and some paint I wouldnt dream of claiming (not that I can).

When my Cav GSi was stolen there was no point in claiming either. For the sake of a couple hundred quid & the fact my ins history & future premiums would suffer.

CG