PDA

View Full Version : HELP? More Power

Anonymous
21-01-01, 02:22 AM
I have got a 1.0L nova G reg 1990. I want to know the best way to achieve more power in my nova. This is my first car so can you help me out guys?

Thanks

Chris

Anonymous
21-01-01, 12:06 PM
okay
really u need to bin the lump

u got plenty ov options

there was a 1.2 ohv engine made for astras etc etc which would mate up to your existing single fuel line and exhuat setup

these should be pennys from scrap yards.
but your best bet is to pull the lump out and replace it with sumthing bigger such as 1.4 or 1.6

u will need to change your exhaust and put another fuel line on a car as your will only have one but this is a much better option than tuning the ohv lump

they can be tuned and i had one that would just keep up with 1.3 sr`s but the are an old fragile engine from the chevvete and the timing chains are prone to snapping if revved over 5500 revs often

i could rev mine ovv the rev counter on my gsi clocks! and it was quite nippy but i had the head ported by a friend the bottom end was rebuilt and it had a flowed inlet manifold with 1.2 carb it also had exhaust maniflod mods to help with gas flow

Anonymous
21-01-01, 06:21 PM
thanks for that advice micky! Problem is though im paying ?1775 for my insurance on 1.0 nova, so i cant change the engine yet!! Ill probably drop in a bigger lump next year.

Is there any way i can gain extra power using any filters/plugs etc. etc. on a 1.0 engine??

thanks

Anonymous
21-01-01, 07:27 PM
which robbing bastards are taking that much money off u for a 1.0??? you could probably insure a GTE for that much?!?!?!?

Ged
----------------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
22-01-01, 12:43 AM
no ged, problem is im 17, do you think i could get it any cheaper, any ideas?? that is with tesco, my highest quote was ?3600!!!!!! please help me!

Anonymous
22-01-01, 11:46 PM
Jesus christ m8 where do u live??? Try www.cis.co.uk as they are very good for young drivers... a m8 of mine is your age and is paying 750 TPFT on his 1300SR, he lives in Devon which aint too bad crime wise.

Anonymous
23-01-01, 11:39 AM
yeah try cis (co-op)im with them, with a maxed sr and im payin 800 tpft.
for ur engine u could get a k&n bolt on filter.try www.knairfilters.com, also u could get straight through exaust,,best way to get more speed from it is to ligten the car.all i have in my sr is two buckets a roll cage steering wheel,and just cause its that light it whoops a gtes ass!

bonkars
18-02-06, 04:41 PM
hi i have a 1.4 sr and i am 17 and i pay 1600 fully comp still gettin ripped but that takes the piss

Stuart
18-02-06, 06:54 PM
Dont bump old threads :wall: