PDA

View Full Version : sell up or keep on?

Ash
06-06-06, 05:28 PM
i no this is down to me at the end of the day, but my rents pretty much hate my car, because im always throwing money at it. so they've offered me a grand on top of what i sell my nova for to buy another car, really dont no if i want to do it tho, i've just got everything to do the engine conversion, but it does need new rear panel, slam panel, front cross member, and maybe a wing and then a full shell respray. they keep saying its not going to be a classic car, which i know, but it wud be fun at the weekends.

so:

keep it - send it into the 'shop whilst im at uni

or

sell up - and get something boring like a golf?

Cheers

Ash

General Baxter
06-06-06, 05:36 PM
lol sell it, and buy one allready with a 16 T40 in lol

Jack
06-06-06, 06:03 PM
Thats exactly what my parents were like, they hated both my Novas. My dad sold my saloon from under me for ?300 when I had someone offer me ?450 for it. Came home to find it had gone!

I liked them but at the end of the day just couldn't be ****d with the hassle of keeping them going, the stigma, the constant bitching from the parents about it, and the fact that for the same price on insurance I could run the GT4. Suffice to say the Novas got dropped in favour of the faff :D

Timmy
06-06-06, 06:15 PM
sell her and buy a better nova !!!

Rexy
06-06-06, 07:10 PM
who said golfs are boring.. get a nice mk1 or even mk2 there ace, In my opinion mate... Novas are ace, but very dated and there are cars out there which can be bought really cheaply. Just have a look around see what you like. Its worth it just to blag a grand off your rents ;)

Philsutton
06-06-06, 07:18 PM
sell it, and buy one allready with a 16 T40 in

beat me to it lol, do they think if you get another car you wont spend money on it?

At the end of the day would they rather you go an spend all you money on drugs an booze as most people do.

Adam
06-06-06, 07:19 PM
Get the grand off them, and sell your nova.
Then buy a more expensive nova ;) lol

General Baxter
06-06-06, 07:21 PM
At the end of the day would they rather you go an spend all you money on drugs an booze as most people do.

thats what i tell my mom and she justs shuts up lol

get some white powered in a bag with (yourname) stash DO NOT TOUCH, put it some where really silly, and when they qustion you just say im not allowed to spend it on my car, i have to spend it on something

SRlew
06-06-06, 07:35 PM
^ lol

thats the way i look at it phil, id just end up spending my money on something stupid.

draper
06-06-06, 08:25 PM
id say keep it, i find it funny when my mum and dad keep on at me for all my nova parts, especially when my mates turn up in newer cars.

but if you do sell, how much you looking for ??

Jack
06-06-06, 11:27 PM
BTW Ash, I believe I drove past you earlier. College roundabout, I was in my mate's shagged Red Vectra though lol

Mike
07-06-06, 09:02 AM
my dad's actually quite sound with my SR. He even helps me with it. The key is, have parents that dont know jack about cars and then hide all the service history/receipts from them. Works for me! lol

If i told him ive spent nearly ?8k in parts and labour over 2.5years id be a dead man!

Id say keep it, like i did. It got nicked then recovered, then crashed it, then repaired it and still got it going strong! lol

Matt2107
07-06-06, 09:56 AM
Keep it... and prove to them that they've brought you up to not be a quitter.
Tell them to spend the grand on a holiday for themselves

Mike
07-06-06, 10:26 AM
Keep it... and prove to them that they've brought you up to not be a quitter

good plan! :thumb:

Matt2107
07-06-06, 10:54 AM
They should be proud as punch.

Stuart
07-06-06, 10:59 AM
tell them that you would use the money for a sex change, or that you'd do a DA and get a fair powered old bike etc.... should sacre them into leaving you to it/spending the money on getting your car sorted so its strong to live on...

your call on how you want to guilt trip them really. but tbh you'd be fairly lucky to have ?2K at the end of the deal.... you can get a Yreg Focus TDI for that ;) lmao

Mike
07-06-06, 11:08 AM
lucky to have ?2K at the end of the deal.... you can get a Yreg Focus TDI for that ;) lmao

thing is, would you want one though lol id rather have a nova then a focus

dannyb
07-06-06, 11:27 AM
thing is, would you want one though lol id rather have a nova then a focus

I don't know, I hear those 1.4 mk1 Focuses are quite fast...

Mike
07-06-06, 11:31 AM
I don't know, I hear those 1.4 mk1 Focuses are quite fast...

ok? :wtf: my mate used to have an tbh, it was a load of poo, nippy at the best of times other then that just plain poo!

craig green
07-06-06, 11:39 AM
Theres more to life than Nova's....

Opel Corsa A

Mike
07-06-06, 11:44 AM
indeed there is, like 106 super cup car's, the 205 challenge, eBay, women, barbecues and beer. But mostly nova's atm as its show season! wahoooo lol

Ash
07-06-06, 09:29 PM
i thought id made my mind up to sell it, but im not to sure again. just done a 350 mile round trip in it and its not the most comfortable car in the world...
it seems a shame though, 1 lady owner before me, 67k, fvsh. and the sound of the exhaust - i'd never get bored of that. i recon i'd buy another one later if i did sell it, but i know all the history and stuff with this one.

btw:

golfs are ace (i want a mk3 with vento front and cut down rear lights, decked)

ford focus - u'd have to pay me and supply a bag to put over my head.

jack - didnt see u, what time? i was driving round that roundabout all day - well not all day but used it alot.

my dads all rite with the car, he loves the 4 branch and helps me out loads with it, and he cant say much as he cars been off the road of ummmm 20 years or something, and thats a proper project.

rite - i think im going to keep it, learn to weld and have it painted in a year or something, and buy some shed for uni, maybe, dunno - agghhh

ash

Jack
07-06-06, 09:36 PM
jack - didnt see u, what time? i was driving round that roundabout all day - well not all day but used it alot.
Errrm, can't remember but it was lateish evening, somewhere between 9 and half 10 iirc... I doubt you'd notice my mates Vectra anyway :p

Ash
07-06-06, 09:43 PM
yea probably after taking mother shopping (staff discount) or taking sister and friend home. i try not to look at vectras - they offend me lol aprt from st200's and some gsi's. have u fixed the gt-4 yet havent seen it about?

Ash

Jack
07-06-06, 09:47 PM
Its still about - the damage is minor really as its still perfectly driveable and you can't see it without looking inside through the vents. Going in on the 20th to Loders new Accident Repair Centre to be properly straightened out though.

Was going to nose around town tonight in it and see who's about from the CA... but didn't in the end lol

dannyb
07-06-06, 09:58 PM
golfs are ace (i want a mk3 with vento front and cut down rear lights, decked)

ford focus - u'd have to pay me and supply a bag to put over my head

You are right about the Focus, but also very wrong about the Golf. The mk3 is the weakest of the bunch, even after borrowing a VR6 for a week, I hate them. The mk2 is your best option, its quicker, lighter, handles better and is easier to work on. It may also be cheaper.

Ash
07-06-06, 10:08 PM
yea i luv mk2's, got mates with them and really want one but also have a mate wiv a vento and its lush, and still very cheap, i no there not quick but they can look newish and are still easy to work on. i got alot of time for most things vdub

Ash

Welsh Dan
07-06-06, 11:10 PM
Buy a shed nova for uni so if it gets dented or broken into its not such a problem, and you'll look forward to coming home to drive the "proper" one.