PDA

View Full Version : Breather pipes and sri cam covers

novamadman
06-06-06, 05:22 PM
Right. 1200 engine, using sri cam cover but not carrier. so i have the pipe coming from the box below inlet manifold on block and also have the pipe from cam cover. are they joined? or both just breathers? will there be any problems if its two breathers?

thanks shane

Mike
06-06-06, 05:29 PM
as far as im aware, there both breathers. (going by corsa sri engine as ive got an SR not SRi)

Try blocking the breather from the rocker cover.

Why have you got an SRi rocker cover on anyway??

novamadman
06-06-06, 05:43 PM
just looks nicer

shane

Adam
06-06-06, 06:27 PM
I think you should just beable to block the one out the cam cover off, as if you have just fitted the cover then that breather connection wont be doing much as your not using the cam housing which usually has the breather pipe connected to it.

The one from the box down the back of the block tho needs going to the airbox where it usually connects.

novamadman
06-06-06, 06:31 PM
I think you should just beable to block the one out the cam cover off, as if you have just fitted the cover then that breather connection wont be doing much as your not using the cam housing which usually has the breather pipe connected to it.

The one from the box down the back of the block tho needs going to the airbox where it usually connects.

cheers m8

im using weber 32/34 so the one from the box on block will just have a small k+n filter on it. would it make any difference if i blocked it off or put a small filter on it also?

shane

Adam
06-06-06, 06:35 PM
I dont think it would matter what you did with the cam cover one, whether you put a filter on it or just blocked it.

novamadman
06-06-06, 06:37 PM
ok thanks

also u know onm the inside of an sri cam cover - theres like a metal plate bolted on and also theres like a plastic thing hard to describe - is that all needed or can it be taken off - can get u a pic if u dont no what i mean

shane

Adam
06-06-06, 06:41 PM
Ye i know what you mean, im not really sure why its there, but its there so i'd leave it,Lol.