PDA

View Full Version : my wee problem

Anonymous
20-01-01, 12:29 AM
rite the problem i have has not got any better.
i've cleaned the plugs,chenged the leads,cleaned the distrib cap.i've checked the fuel pump and all hoses and i've tightened down the carburettor.
help pls
for anyone who didnt read its below.
but the car starts ok.but if u try to accelrate power cuts out.u can accelerate thru the power cut but it feels awful.
pls help.big cruise here no sunday and i cant go till i get this fixed.
cheers

Anonymous
20-01-01, 02:02 PM
has your exhaust turned really smokey and is there a strong wiff of petrol? what happened to you happened to me only cause i set up my carb wrong and was burning too much fuel.

so if it is what ive said above get it tuned i did and its fine now.

if its none of the above your carb is wrecked! weber for you now??

Anonymous
20-01-01, 05:30 PM
carb is already a weber 32/34.
is set up rite.
all fuel filters are clear.
think i'll hav to rebuild it.
i'll try another wack of petrol first

Anonymous
21-01-01, 12:14 PM
try checking the tank u may hev sum sort ov blockage which u havent spied
thus would limit fuel under load but when u ket it idle to check fuel is pumping through filter all is well

Anonymous
21-01-01, 03:14 PM
Try a compression test in case the head gasket's gone between 2 adjacent pots. Might be worth checking timing and that the distributor hasn't shifted a little??

Anonymous
21-01-01, 07:13 PM
agh, sure u have ur leads on the correct plugs, and the leads rnt wet? i get that prob when my leads r wet!! Its like runnin ur engine on just 2 pistons!!

Dicko

Anonymous
22-01-01, 10:16 AM
I presume your car will have a mechanical fuel pump? This runs on a cam at the end of the camshaft, Sometimes if the follower wears the pump still works but doesn't create enough pressure, this could be the cause. You will need to remove the pump to look at the follower. Oh yeah and don't but a cheap replacement because it will do the same in about 6 months time.