PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v eco tec engine

LURCHIO_NOVA
05-06-06, 01:39 PM
hey every1. i had a great day out at pvs this year and i spoke to a sound lad who had a corsa gsi engine runnin on twin 40's. anyways turns out you can drop the engine (x16xe) straight in so im definatly gonna do this soon. the only thing is ive heard that the eco tec engine is ****. can anyone tell me what kinda think i should expect to **** up if i put an eco tec in or should i just get a c16xe instead. its a 16v but its hard to find them cus they are only in 1993 corsa gsi not shure if they did em in the astra's. any help would be great

cheers lads

mike

Adam
05-06-06, 02:02 PM
Nothing up with an Eco-tec, only about 3/4bhp less than the c16xe, a difference you probably wouldn't even notice.

planty_nova88
05-06-06, 03:03 PM
what about the difference in tuner bility?

Adam
05-06-06, 03:19 PM
There isn't really much difference.
Both are very tunable engines.

Jules
05-06-06, 07:36 PM
hey every1. i had a great day out at pvs this year and i spoke to a sound lad who had a corsa gsi engine runnin on twin 40's. anyways turns out you can drop the engine (x16xe) straight in so im definatly gonna do this soon. the only thing is ive heard that the eco tec engine is ****. can anyone tell me what kinda think i should expect to **** up if i put an eco tec in or should i just get a c16xe instead. its a 16v but its hard to find them cus they are only in 1993 corsa gsi not shure if they did em in the astra's. any help would be great

cheers lads

mike

The C16XE is also in '94 Corsa GSi's as mine is a 94 (M) and has a C16XE in - cracking little engines