PDA

View Full Version : need help - suspension damage

Stanley
04-06-06, 11:04 PM
i was travelling down an unfamiliar road today and encountered a fooking huuge hump-back bridge.

to cut a long story short, i landed, iverted my sump and the N/S wheel was pushed back and hit the wing, bending it. tracking is way off now.

i whipped the lower arm off thinking it could be bent but i compared it to my other nova and its no different at all.

what else could it be?

no visible damage whatsoever.

cheers all

R1CH
04-06-06, 11:55 PM
How far back is the wheel ?
Theres not much there to bend ... have you checked the tie bar & bracket, steering rack, bottom ball joint ? if all there ok then yor gonna have to check the chassis, front cross member & where the bottom arm bolts on.
Doesn't sound good, good luck !!

Rich

mikey14sr
05-06-06, 11:20 AM
The tie bar has probably pulled the front crossmember backwards, I've seen it done before and it's a right pain in the a*se to straighten without a proper jig set-up. also the front chassis leg where the tca bolts to might be twisted as there's not much strength down there. Shock absorbers also bend suprisingly easily.

dannyb
05-06-06, 06:36 PM
Could the turret holding the strut be bent out of shape? I've never seen this happen (the only similar case is where the strut rips the top of a rusty turret out.)

General Baxter
05-06-06, 06:43 PM
i was travelling down an unfamiliar road today and encountered a fooking huuge hump-back bridge.

http://data1.blog.de/blog/m/mein-blog-dein/img/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-Jump-Swamp-1024x768_small.jpg
lol :thumb:

dannyb
05-06-06, 06:47 PM
YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

General Baxter
05-06-06, 06:49 PM
your next mod - some dixie air horns :thumb:

R1CH
07-06-06, 11:32 PM
You found out what the problem was ?

Rich