PDA

View Full Version : Tank Guard

tinyrally1
03-06-06, 09:00 AM
OK then, i have given up with trying to fabricate a sump guard and decided to buy a proper one.

However, i now need a tank guard. If any of you motorsport guys are crawling under their cars this weekend, can you supply me with a few piccies as i cant seem to find any on line

Cheers Guys

Geth
03-06-06, 01:56 PM
I don't have any pics as I don't have a sump gaurd, but Peter Lloyd Rallying sells them. Their shop is around the corner from me and they are good guys to do business with. Link to their online shop below.

http://peterlloydrallying.co.uk/index.php?cPath=19&osCsid=b393c2a1536cd4a3b1b636b5df7dd3e7

tinyrally1
03-06-06, 02:07 PM
Cheers for that, but i was gonna make a tank guard out of some ally i had lying round. Anyone got one?

LUV2XLR8
04-06-06, 06:57 PM
what rallying are you doing? im hopefully starting road rallying next year,car is almost finished :D

tinyrally1
05-06-06, 07:49 PM
I will be doing the remainder of the south west championship for all night road rallies, Ideally i want a sump and tank guard cos most of them use unclassified roads (white on map) which can be rough to say the least

I also do club 12 car road rallies and autotests.

Are you in the south west

Got any pictures.

Any questions you have about getting into road rallying, just ask

dannyb
05-06-06, 10:05 PM
This may be a silly question but I am not familiar with the (FIA???) rules and regs... Can you not mount the tank inside the car in the spare wheel well? Unless you need to carry the spare about (you could always mount the spare on the roof Lancia 037 style!)

tinyrally1
07-06-06, 06:17 PM
its a good idea and i believe people have made shaped fuel tank to fit in the spare wheel well, but as the car is used for road rallying, the rear seats need to be retained and often i would carry 2 spare wheels on events.

Some one must have a tank guard