PDA

View Full Version : My GTE WIP (2/6/06)

Matt2107
02-06-06, 01:29 PM
I've been working on a few things for a while now.
I only get a few hours on a saturday to work on it so it takes me frigging ages.

First off rear shots of the predator spoiler and an Astra MK2 fog light.
I was originally gonna go for a Honda S2000 but they're ???? plus I think its nice to stay griffin on this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/Rearshot1.jpg

Secondly... after fitting my Quad Cons Viper front bumper things were ok but I didnt like the fact that the bumper sticks out quite a way infront of the rest of the car, (Rather like Lea from BB's tits.) I had one failed attempt at extending a grill before I came up with this one below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/frontshot1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/frontshot3.jpg

I used the bottom part of a MK2 grill and am blending it into a MK1 grill. Plus I have to extend the ends round the indicators slightly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/frontshot2.jpg

It still needs quite a bit of work but you get the idea.
Next major task is to fit the custom side skirts. They're from a Clio and are gonna be a *******. :roll:

Need to create my own brackets and extend parts with fibre glass. Great fun

alistairolsen
02-06-06, 01:43 PM
why not just get a mk2 front end that fits properly?

Matt2107
02-06-06, 01:47 PM
It had a MK2 front end but I ripped it off because MK1 looks better IMO and I dont like the standard look.

TommySR
02-06-06, 02:01 PM
not a great fan of kitted Novas and ive never liked that rear bumper, but good to see your doing the work yourself and creating something original, what colour do you intend on having it?

Matt2107
02-06-06, 02:04 PM
It's definately original.
The bumper is one of the last made, the alloys not in the photo are no longer made anymore, plus with the custom touches.

I think I'm gonna go for Saab metallic slate grey, its the gunmetal colour seen on Aero 93's.

craig green
02-06-06, 02:32 PM
Have you ever noticed that your bumpers do not suit a Nova in any way, shape or form?

Nice colour you are going to use though..

Matt2107
02-06-06, 02:34 PM
Have you ever noticed that your bumpers do not suit a Nova in any way, shape or form?

Funny that... i just dont see the point in everyones nova looking the same. Just my opinion.

Iain
02-06-06, 02:44 PM
Not a fan of the rear bumper either, but I like your custom grille. :thumb: Must be frustrating trying to do as much as you can in a few hours each Saturday lol

Matt2107
02-06-06, 02:48 PM
It really does suck. Plus when your using fibre glass and filler it needs to go off. I try and do the fibre glassing and filling back at the flat (cars over at my mom and dads) in the evenings.

johnny27
02-06-06, 05:55 PM
looks like a really good project you have there, keep up the good work. Actually i have the same rear bumper as yours, bought it off ebay about a year ago, but never fitted it on my old nova. Was thinking about fitting it to my new sr, but i don't think i'll bother, i'm too much of a fan for the orignal gte/gsi bumper thing.

johnny27
02-06-06, 05:57 PM
also, your doing great with the grill, it looks like it would/will be really hard to finish or get it too look rite, but your doing great.

Lozzie C
03-06-06, 09:36 AM
I agree, the grille looks really good! You can see lots of effort has gone in to making it.
Keep up the good work :)

johnny27
03-06-06, 03:03 PM
never seen that sabb grey. I quite like the ford polaris grey, its lovely like gunmetal, i also do some wheel refurbishment for local ppl here, and grey is getting more common, espically on jap cars. If the customer wants grey, i usually use the ford polaris grey basecoat, then a silver pearlescent lacquer and then clear lacquer. It looks lovely and in fact would acutally look quite well on a whole car. The silver pigment sparkles and shifts in different angle viewing and sun light. If you want i could send you a sample colour card, just a thought. Obviously i would'nt charge you for it.
Also the met greys like the polaris and the sabb you mentioned are great bases for pearls to go on top or candy paint believe it or not. A red candy lacquer is just lovely on top of the grey basecoat and silver pearl
Oh and don't get me wrong, i'm not sending you a sample so you can choose it buy paint from me, i don't stock or sell paints, i just think it would be worth a look if you like grey and grey's look great on nova's.