PDA

View Full Version : Rub Strips !!!!

simonb123
02-06-06, 12:01 PM
How do u take the rub strips of the side been trying for ages and gettign nowhere thanks simon

draper
02-06-06, 12:12 PM
are they stuck on with glue or the little tags that go through the door?

if there glued on its best to heat them up with a hairdryer/heat gun to melt the glue, peel back and clean up ! easy, but hard work !

simonb123
02-06-06, 12:22 PM
yer its Glue ive tried a hairdryer but olny a liitle cums of at a time its a pain. thanks simon

Jack
02-06-06, 12:26 PM
It does take a while. Little bit of meths or white spirit might help.

mdibb
02-06-06, 12:27 PM
my mate uses a little machine to take them off,it has like a wax ball on the end of it which spins round and takes them off straight away,ill try find out the name of it for you mate

Matt2107
02-06-06, 12:44 PM
You can try a pin strip removal tool in a drill to get the crap thats left behind when you pull them off.

I think Draper do one, not sure though.

Wilson
02-06-06, 06:55 PM
i used boiling hot water straight from the kettle. i also done this to debadge it aswell. came off realy easyly

SuperNova!
03-06-06, 12:23 AM
Boiling water, brick cleaning acid lol , and petrol,

The best thing I found to do was to put some boiling water on, followed be a drenching of petrol then rub it in a circular motion with a dry rag like a rough towel I found best still took 2 afternoons to get it all off though lol

Nath
03-06-06, 01:03 AM
easy way..... heat it up with a heat gun, peel off the rubber strip if it leaves glue on the car dont worry. go buy yourself some carplan bug and tar remover, its ain a blue bottle, and use that got mine off in about an hour

johnny27
03-06-06, 11:57 AM
i did did my corsa badges with white spirit and a heat gun, most hairdryers will blow up for long periods.
Also you'll need to get some orignal t-cut or met t-cut of you've got met paint. As you will see when the glue is removed the side's of the car will be different colours.