PDA

View Full Version : FRICKIN OIL LEAK!!!!!!!

Anonymous
17-01-01, 07:58 PM
Ok couple of days ago i noticed that the filler cap was quite loose and it was spewing oil everywhere. so i got a new rocker cover and filler cap and swapped them over.

BUT the oil kept on coming out. since i noticed it was leaking oil i aint drove it more than 10 miles and ive lost a whole sump full of oil from my car. I never changed rocker cover gasket though.

could this gasket be the problem of my extensive oil leak??

i recently changed the head gasket as well if this helps give you any ideas.

Please help me as my engine bay has oil everywhere and i mean everywhere.

so what do u technical gurus think my problem is

(sorry if i spelt some words wrong as my spelling is shocking)

cheers

dave

Anonymous
17-01-01, 08:17 PM
the gasket defo wants changing, it was this that was fuck in the first place, no need for the new rocker cover.

Anonymous
18-01-01, 07:16 PM
Is the oil defo coming from the top? If your losing bucket loads u should check the oil pump, and check that the sump plug is secure...

Anonymous
18-01-01, 09:27 PM
You`re not burnin` some aswell are you? This will use loads. :o

Anonymous
21-01-01, 06:28 PM
OK, take the cover off, get a new gasket (?1) then use red gasket sealer to glue the gasket on!! If ur still leakin oil then post again!
Look wot colour it is, and where it appears to be comin from! I think ive had every sort of leak from my 1.3 and im gettin use to fixin em now!!!
I've got a cracked piston ring now, so high pressure in sump keeps popin my rocker cover!! And it also spews out of the oil breather pipe!!

Dicko