PDA

View Full Version : My nova pics atm (56k warning)

johnny27
01-06-06, 03:26 PM
Hi ppl, just thought i'd post some piccy's of my new nova, been on this board for 3 years and never put pics of any of my nova's up yet.
The car is sorta WIP, few more things to be done to the body, fit gsi sideskirts properly since a previous owner has them on with double sided tape. Also fuel cap has to be painted, and you'll prob notice that the car is lower on the front but high on the back end, as previous owner fitted sports shocks and 40mm springs on the front which looks okay, but the back has just 35/40 springs so its sitting higher, as most ppl experience that you need lower springs on the rear than on the front on most novas.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/PIC00006.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/PIC00013.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/wheel.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/Image2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/PIC000061.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/johnny27bt/PIC00007.jpg

Let me know what you think, or an advice or improvements, bearing in mind
that i have yet to put the 60mm springs in the rear. Cheers

novamadman
01-06-06, 03:54 PM
looks nice and tidy johnny

defo get her lower and maybe gsi stickers to break her up or somthin

what lumps in her

where bouts u from

shane

novabex
01-06-06, 03:55 PM
That is nice.

Don't like those wheels though.

Adam
01-06-06, 03:57 PM
Looks a very good condition shell, nice car :)

TommySR
01-06-06, 03:58 PM
^^ Does look very tidy although i aint sure about them fog lights on the front... and it definately needs slamming on the back

johnny27
01-06-06, 04:14 PM
^^ Does look very tidy although i aint sure about them fog lights on the front... and it definately needs slamming on the back

Intend to compete in a bit of road rallying locally, not the professional one. So the spot lamps are needed for nite rally use.
Engine is a 1.4 sr. Currently have a weber 32/34 fitted and a 4-1 manifold (not sure which make) and a custom striaght thru exhaust system.
At the weekend i'm fitting my ast2 295 cam, have have almost finished working on my ported 1300 sr head, so that will go on too very soon

johnny27
01-06-06, 04:15 PM
i'm from south armagh, newtownahmilton. Think your rite about the side's, i will maybe get some SR decals made up for her

looks nice and tidy johnny

defo get her lower and maybe gsi stickers to break her up or somthin

what lumps in her

where bouts u from

shane

TommySR
01-06-06, 04:22 PM
sounds good then mate, vey tidy as said before :) Ive got some new design SRi badges??

johnny27
01-06-06, 05:09 PM
thanks for the offer, but i think i'll pass. I would rather just get the SR (not i) decals made up in vinyl, be abit more orignal i should think. Cheers

johnny27
01-06-06, 05:09 PM
Acutally i quite like the spotlamps, give the car abit of a more rally style look, anyone else like my nova with the spotlamps?
Also, i intend on putting a splitter on the bigmouth gsi front bumper, has anyone any idea's which would look best?

Timmy
01-06-06, 05:10 PM
i like that looks good what you got planned for her next ?

johnny27
01-06-06, 05:25 PM
as mentioned i plan to fit a splitter to the front, you any opinions?

More plans are to keep at the engine tuning, i'm fitting a ast2 and 1300 worked head. Also possibly a lightened flywheel, i would like to see what power i can reach with the 32/34 until i just need to convert to the weber 40s. Also the car has currently a f13 CR cluster and 4.18 CWP. If i can get enough power from the little 14nv SR engine i would love to go for a LSD, i would prefere the plated type, but probaly will go for the quaife ATB because it dose'nt need the mainatince that the plated diff does.
Also i have a rev limiter and lauch control system and full throttle gear change so i'll get round to fitting it soon, i had it going in my old red 1.2T40 nova and was great, espically the power when switching gears, as the revs drop very little.
Inteneding also to go for the Bilstein Yellow cup suspension setup, and rose jointed TCAs.
I've been working as you see, on the body of the car and started work on the engine. Once thats near enough complete i'll get to work on the inside of the car. Stripping interior, buckets, up to date harness and a roll cage. Not to sure yet whether i should keep the dash board or not, but i'll think about it. I would really love to carpet the full inside with brand new carpet, from front to back espically since i'll be ditching the back seats.

johnny27
01-06-06, 09:40 PM
Has anyone any idea which splitter would suit my bumper?

Mike.
01-06-06, 09:43 PM
the car looks great, the spot lamps are different, but good, the splitter, i'd go for would be a laguna splitter, they've been done to death but thats because they work and look great

johnny27
01-06-06, 09:55 PM
thanks Mike for your comments and advice. So i will prob get the laguna one in a scrappy. I presume it just be best to keep it black and not colour code it?
BTW do you know if its hard to remove it from the laguna? cheers

geoff H
01-06-06, 11:51 PM
It needs slamming, when i first looked at the pics i thought it was one of them nova shells on a suzuki SJ chassis

looks clean though

Geoff

johnny27
02-06-06, 06:20 AM
yea as i mentioned already i'm changing the springs soon

Matt2107
02-06-06, 10:33 AM
I think the spot lights look great.
It's nice to see something a little different than all the standard looking novas
(***prepares for a slating lol ***)

Individual touches seperate everyone, plus its your car so if you think they look good then keep them.

johnny27
02-06-06, 11:27 AM
thanks matt, i spent about 1 1/2 months alone on the bumper, just working an hour or so in the evenings. There was alot of filling, sanding, cuting plastic, and bonding on plastic to be done for the wide mouth conversion. I'm quite pleased with it, i prefere when ppl do the proper bigmouth work on nova's by building the air duct inwards (dished) I've seen some gsi's with the slats cut out and and the air duct cut flush, and the mesh is rite up against the bumper flush, dose'nt look rite in my opinion, it was worth the effort to do it properly. All i need now for the front is a splitter. Probaly thinking of using the good ole laguana one, but open to suggestion.

Anyone have any other spiltter's in mind that would suit? I would love to hear some suggestions, as i have'nt really seen that many different type's apart from the laguna item. Thanks

Matt2107
02-06-06, 12:42 PM
Tell me about it.
I normally work on my car for a few hours just on a saturday.
It takes ages to do anything. Currently working on a custom grill to bring the front end out far enough to make the bumper not look like a landing strip for small aircraft. Look out for a WIP on here later.

I was looking at a people carrier the other day and thinking that its splitter looked quite good but I can't for the life of me remember which one.

johnny27
03-06-06, 02:51 PM
bump for question about what splitter ppl think would suit