PDA

View Full Version : Pipe from rocker cover

novamadman
01-06-06, 02:28 PM
GSI/GTEE/SRI rocker cover pipe comes out back of it at timing belt end and goes into injection

whats this for

if putting on carb engine do you block it off or where do u run it

also inside that rocker cover theres a plastic thing very hard to explain and a metal plate bolted on can they come off, do they need to be there and what are they for

shane

Adam
01-06-06, 03:59 PM
Its the breather pipe from the cover the the throttle body.

The plastic thing is a shield that sits inside the cover, dont know what it does, but its probably there for a reason.

novamadman
01-06-06, 04:03 PM
Its the breather pipe from the cover the the throttle body.

The plastic thing is a shield that sits inside the cover, dont know what it does, but its probably there for a reason.

cheers

if putting on say 1200 do you block it off or where do u run it to

shane

Adam
01-06-06, 04:08 PM
If your just replacing the engine then the breather will stay connected to the old engine? :confused:

novamadman
01-06-06, 04:09 PM
sorry badly worded above

i want to put it onto carb engine so where do i run it to or do i just block it off

shane

Adam
01-06-06, 04:15 PM
I think you would also need to change the whole breather system.
The Sri/GTE breather system is different than a carb engine, carb engine has a box at the back of the block that just goes to the airbox.
Sri has a pipe going to cam housing which then exits through the rocker cover into the airbox.

Ask Keith, i think he fitted the SRi type breather system to his 1300 engine.

novamadman
01-06-06, 04:18 PM
so he did forgot bout him, hes away to pv now tho lol

i think he ran a pipe to the bailey oil catch tank but dont know if that was from the box at back of block or cam cover

shane

Adam
01-06-06, 04:29 PM
He ran a pipe to a catch tank from the outlet on the rocker cover iirc.

Then a pipe from the back of the block to the cam housing.