View Full Version : how do you remove an immobiliser?

SRlew
31-05-06, 11:58 AM
right iv got 2 immobilisers, one which is an engine one and the other is an ignition sort of one (so no electrics come on)

but i want to get rid of the engine one.

how will i go about doing that? whats it go to?

help appriciated, lew

Ste L
31-05-06, 12:06 PM
trace the wires it goes to, and just the original ones back up

SRlew
31-05-06, 12:12 PM
lol what do i do once iv traced them back? just take the out?

Ste L
31-05-06, 12:15 PM
yea, and join the original wires back up i would of though

all an imobilaser does, is just break the circuit,

SRlew
31-05-06, 12:17 PM
how will i tell which the original wires are? do the wires from the imobiliser just join in to say the loom or whatever?

Ste L
31-05-06, 12:20 PM
i would of though so, but without looking myself, i couldn't honestly say..

you should be able to tell, when looking

Nova Full
31-05-06, 12:20 PM
any idea what immobiliser it is?

SRlew
31-05-06, 06:15 PM
well its a cobra alarm, the ingnition sort of immob is cobra as well i believe, but the one i want to remove is not i think. will trace it tommorow then.

cheers ste, lew

Riggy
31-05-06, 08:18 PM
it will most prob connect to the starter soloniod

SRlew
31-05-06, 09:43 PM
so will it be a simple disconect these wires and connect the original wires, if it goes to the solenoid?

Adam
31-05-06, 11:57 PM
Wherever you trace the wires to, just remove them and reconnect the original.

SRlew
01-06-06, 10:51 AM
well just been out and traced it back, there are 4 wires from the immob that connect into 2 conector blocks, the from there they are black wires going into a big black square box, the wires connect to the box by a white plug. but there are 2 more wires coming out of the white plug going somewhere, one goes to an inline fuse and then somwhere and the other looks as if it goes to the back of the car.

but in that big black box there are a big bunch of live wires going into it.

where the wires from the immob connect to the black wires, i dissconected them there and connected the 2 black wires together (so immob wasnt connected) that didnt work. so i then removed the white plug from the big black box and that didnt work, it made some wierd noise, but the wipers worked but not even my digi dash.

what you recon now then?

Adam
01-06-06, 04:05 PM
I would trace the black wires to wherever they go, remove them and rejoin the original wire, i wouldn't cut the immobiliser wires and just join them.

SRlew
01-06-06, 07:26 PM
the immob wires (coloured) connect to black wires. then the black wires go into a plug which connects into the black box. which has loads of live wires coming out of.

johnny27
01-06-06, 09:39 PM
i had an imboliser on my new SR. I bought the car and it would'nt start. Figured that the immobiliser was cutting the power to the starter, so i traced it and joined it directly up to the ignition barrel. Engine now cranked but would'nt fire. Took a voltage metre and connected the live wire going to the coil, and sure enough it was'nt live. Could'nt trace that one for some reason. So i wired the coil live striaght back to the ignition barrel (as far as i can remember) and engine then fired no prob.

These immobiliser's have alot of wire's as you decribed, but all you need to trace and rewire are those going from the ignition to the starter and the other wire on the barrel going to the coil. Don't worry about the other wires of the imboliser, just wire the nesscarry ones for the starter and coil

SRlew
01-06-06, 09:49 PM
ah i think i know what the other 2 wires on that white plug are no then. they prob got to the starter or somthing. will have to have another look tommorow.