PDA

View Full Version : My Nova... (Warning 56k!)

Lozzie C
31-05-06, 09:43 AM
Here are a few pics of my little (nearly) standard 1.3 SR,

It's only got clear indicators (and grille but trying to find a normal sr grille to replace it)...

She has one or two dents on one side from the previous owner and a few marks on the bumper, but nothing a little tlc (and thinner) won't fix.

Just generally going for the subtle mods look and keeping things minimalistic, eg. Keeping the wheel trims because they quite suit it!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/LozzieC/sr.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/LozzieC/sr2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/LozzieC/sr3.jpg

Opinions welcomed :)

Loz

craig green
31-05-06, 09:52 AM
Needs tidying but a good base to begin.

Not sure on wheel trims tbh, maybe original 3 spoke alloys would be cooler somehow.

CG

Lozzie C
31-05-06, 09:57 AM
Yer the 3 spoke is a future plan I have for it, when the right price n condition ones come up.

Cheers for your comment!

Loz

Matt2107
31-05-06, 09:58 AM
Looks nice and clean mate.

Any future plans.

novabex
31-05-06, 10:00 AM
The grill and the wheel trims don't look right. But the rest is nice. ;)

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:02 AM
Lozzie - On my old SR I filled the little recess on the grill and had it sprayed to match the body work. Looked pretty good.

If your interested I've got a set of lightly tinted rear lenses (never been pulled by plod for having them too dark) and I think I've got a set of tinted side repeaters. Plus the 3 spokes I pm'd you about.

Lozzie C
31-05-06, 10:05 AM
Yer that's why I'm after a new one, it's way too dark for the rest of the car and it's been bugging me!

Possible future plans include new grille, 3 spokes when the right ones come up for sale, sorting the arches out, new doors as they are getting rusty, and knocking those dents out best I can!

Loz

novabex
31-05-06, 10:08 AM
Just get the grill sprayed the same colour as the car. Would look alright then.

Lozzie C
31-05-06, 10:14 AM
Matt, have you got any pics of your grille? :cool:

Bex, is it simple to spray the grille? I was a bit weary of it because I didn't know how the paint would settle on the plastic. :confused:

Cheers

Loz

novabex
31-05-06, 10:16 AM
You would need to prep it first. Sand it down then primer it. The paint should stay then. I'm not very good with paint and stuff... My bumpers need spraying so I'm just going to get one of the boys to do it.

You would just need to make sure you get the right colour paint aswell then it would look fine.

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:21 AM
Plastic primer if your spraying it yourself then top coat then lacquer but to be honest... I'd get a body shop to do it as it'll last a lot better.

I'm sure they'll probably be someone who says they've done it themselves with spray cans and it looks fine!

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/car2.jpg

Thats done with spray cans before the recess was filled and the grill meshed.
It faded quite rapidly.

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:25 AM
sorry about the big pic.

I think I've got one at home of the grill after it was sprayed properly.
Will have to have a look later.

novabex
31-05-06, 10:42 AM
I don't have mine done with spray cans my mate has a compressor so I'm sorted.

Lozzie C
31-05-06, 10:47 AM
Cheers Matt, it's helpful to see what the grille would look like sprayed! Looks pretty good the same colour as the car.

I'm off out now for a little while so will catch up later, thanks again for your help.

Loz

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:51 AM
I don't have mine done with spray cans my mate has a compressor so I'm sorted.

Much better finish than paint cans.

I like your white nova Bex.
Any future plans for it?

Matt2107
31-05-06, 10:52 AM
Cheers Matt, it's helpful to see what the grille would look like sprayed! Looks pretty good the same colour as the car.

I'm off out now for a little while so will catch up later, thanks again for your help.

Loz

np Loz.

I'll try and find that pic.

novabex
31-05-06, 10:55 AM
Much better finish than paint cans.

I like your white nova Bex.
Any future plans for it?

Well its already stripped out so I'm getting some black bucket seats and some harnesses.

Want coilovers eventually. Bigger engine 1.6 on carbs hopefully.

Bumpers sprayed grey and some wheels that my mates got on his car at the moment. I'm buying them when he gets some new ones.

And the body work just needs sorting out a bit. :(

Ste L
31-05-06, 11:19 AM
do you happen to be talking about my sxi wheels there bex :P

novabex
31-05-06, 11:21 AM
Yes. They WILL be mine. :P

Ste L
31-05-06, 11:22 AM
we'll see about that

Matt2107
31-05-06, 11:29 AM
Sounds pretty good Bex.

I think the stripped out look is pretty smart but I prefer a nice set of leathers like my GTE.

The SXi alloys will look smart too.