PDA

View Full Version : i've got a small p....

Anonymous
15-01-01, 09:40 PM
so i've got this wee problem.
last nite i left my car at my m8 house for an hour in the baltic cold.
when i came back to start it,it started ok but drivin it is awful.
everytime u put ur foot down to accelerate the power dies and the car nearly stalls.
it idles alrite though and u can accelerate thru the stall but its really bad feelin.
i had this problem once b4 and i thought it was dodgy petrol so i changes the fuel filter and ran new petrol thru and it went away.
so what's wrong?
pls help as its a nitemare to drive

Anonymous
15-01-01, 09:52 PM
I know the feeling. Last winter I had the same problem, although it usually sorted itself out when it got warmer. Now its cold I never leave my car for more than 24 hours without turning it over.

Try cleaning the sparkies, drying out the distributor and wiping down the starter motor. Then coat the inside of the distributor in Damp start. U also may need to replace your ht leads. ( U can get sum decent ones from Halfords. ) If this doesn't work try getting it krypton tuned.

Hope it works out mate

Anonymous
16-01-01, 10:54 AM
Let the car warm up to normall running temperature. It is probably alot more simple than you think.

Anonymous
16-01-01, 06:09 PM
tune up really helps got mine done at the week end and it has really made a differance to the performance. Also put some thing on your engine 2 stop the cold getting on it directly. i used to put car matts on it and a nylon sheet.

Anonymous
16-01-01, 06:41 PM
always good to kep a check on coolant levels.

Anonymous
16-01-01, 11:42 PM
same problem for me just happened its carb freezing in my case i just got it tuned as well so its running better now.

its very annoying but when you get the car up and running youll be fine

Anonymous
18-01-01, 10:07 AM
Have you got a modified air filter on it, if so the carb may ice up easily when your driving as they`ll be no hot air feed to the carb inlet. Aternatively the dizzy cap.