PDA

View Full Version : amazed.....

sickrabbit
30-05-06, 02:22 PM
I now have brought a cavalier 1.8i to replace the Nova , and as such decided to convert the Nova as near as original as possible , hence , out came the sound system ( thanks for the lease motorhead ) - was replaced by a standard head unit and bass tube , off came the magnatex exhaust ( left the K& n on tho) , and lastly the fox evos- the P 1s shocks stay...only 30mm drop. It really came as a shock when i drove the Nova on standard steelies - it simply flies ...so much to the fact even tho the cavvy is ready to drive ( cleaned , mopped and sound systemed) , the Novas been out like a well used tart - everywhere .I,m amazed at the transformation. I knew slapping on 15,s would slow down a little 1.2 , but cant get over just how much ...and as for the exhaust ...well even on the steelies it seemed to lack power ....wished I,d left the original on in the first place ....I suppose if the nova were a bigger lumped beast all this would have knitted together nicely ,
Novas now clean , polished and ready for its next owner - hopefully a first time driver or a serious modder .......

Adam
30-05-06, 06:39 PM
I noticed no difference going from 13s to 15s.

TommySR
01-06-06, 04:32 PM
hmm, didnt think it would be that noticeable, i remember my first nova, i put 16"s on a 1.0... dear god im suprised it moved lol

Tim
01-06-06, 06:53 PM
i put 17s, on my 1.2, 85mph down a hill with the wind behind me, thats was about it

hendrix
01-06-06, 07:18 PM
why you selling up mr sick?

johnny27
01-06-06, 07:47 PM
I see a big difference with my 1.4sr. With the orignal 14inch Sr wheels, it felt really quick, and pulled hard in every gear with the CR cluster and 4.18fd. Had to change the wheels although, because i was getting extreme wheel spin. Now have 15 alloys with a 55 profile tyre, and you can def notice less power, but the wheel spin is very little now.

shy witness
01-06-06, 09:16 PM
i've a 14 sri corsa engine in mine......and just had sr steelies 2 begin with but i fairly noticed the difference when i put my speedlines on at the time........

as someone said........alot less wheelspin........but not just as nippy either...

in saying thatthough....it still pulled well...but i'm not 2 sure wot a 1.2 would b like

sickrabbit
02-06-06, 02:03 AM
Ahhh good question mr hendrix ...the nova was my very first car , and was lovingly modded by yours truley to a certain point , other than beefed brakes and a better power unit . My uncle who found the nova ( he,s a mechanic who serviced it for at least 5 yrs ) had recently brought his wife a new motor and put her cavalier 1.8i up for grabs ...now he looked after hi s wife , as this cars a minter ...I took it for a spin and fell in love with it . There is no comparisson for big car comfort - I found this to be quite a shock.Sure , I,ll miss the character and sheer nippyness of the Nova but I feel its time to move on . The novas in good condition , and will certainly suit a first new driver . The Novas been fun , but as with all aging vechiles theres only so much time and money you can spend on it realistically . I do hope who ever takes it off my hands to enjoy it , look after it , and not add to the already tarnished monicker of boy racer it certainly does not deserve.Its a good little motor.

As for the cavvie ...well - shes a beast , after the Nova it feels almost like a regal vechile , ...( just needs to be dropped ,alloys , monster stereo .....oh heck - here we go again ) ,but , as an ex Nova owner , have no fear I,ll still grace this site with buffoonish wisdom ...:thumb: