PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do I get it out!

Anonymous
15-01-01, 04:38 PM
Hi Peeps! Um this is a silly question. i've got a Nova GTE, and only owned it for about 2 months! This GTE has got the Standard, Head Unit that comes with the CAR!! AHH. So I've bought a Kenwood CD Player. but the dam headunit, won't come out of the Dash!! its one of these security headunits. Any ideas to get this old heap of crap out of my dash board!! Cheers Guys!

Anonymous
15-01-01, 04:46 PM
if its a phillips one, this may sound strange. you know the inside of a bic biro get 4 of them and push them hard into the four holes on it it will then pull out

Anonymous
15-01-01, 04:54 PM
I have got a kenwood cd player and it was a fuck pig getting it to fit in it was about 2 mm from clicking in so i got a shop to do it so beware 80)

Anonymous
15-01-01, 05:03 PM
Should I be saying this (incase any theiving scum read this?!?!?! :() get a screwdriver, wedge it in between the top of the stereo and the hole it fits in (if that makes sense) and lift the end of the driver up into the air. This will bend the top of the top of the head unit (but if it's shit, it won't matter yeah?!!?!?!??!) then yank the fucker out.

Cheers

Ged
------------------
Ged@roybacer.co.uk
www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
15-01-01, 05:31 PM
Cheers Guys,!! Ill try that all tonight! I think the biro pen idea sounds the best :) !! cheers Guys!

Anonymous
15-01-01, 06:08 PM
Ye, or bluapunkt do the same, but i used 4 thin screwdrivers!!! then jus stick ur hand in the tape player hole n pull it out!!!

Anonymous
15-01-01, 07:38 PM
some of vauxhalls stereos have 2 little holes on each side inside the holes maybe some grub screws which have 2 b removed with a allen key first + then u need some radio keys (about?2)or bend the ends of a wire coat hanger into 2 u shapes + insert these into the holes then pull the head unit out!

Anonymous
15-01-01, 07:45 PM
alfie sounds right, try this before the screwdriver

Anonymous
15-01-01, 07:50 PM
to help, remove the glovebox (4 screws and 1 bolt inside) here there is a small gap that the can just about get your fingers in! if u have an adapter, pull the wires through the hole and click the adapter together. then feed the adapster through the hole and plug it into the headunit. push the headunit in until it clicks and then push the rest of the wires into the hole.