View Full Version : notice about posting items STICKY

dan23
29-05-06, 11:40 AM
admin please make this a sticky for future reference

when sending items through the post (cash parts etc) you should use special delivery this way the post office guarantees that your package will get to its destination if it doesnt then the post office have to reinburse you

if you send things through recorded delivery an they go missing you dont have a leg to stand on the post office will not give you any money back an they cant track your item either, they only tell you if its been signed for or not

hope this helps someone as a have just learnt the hard way

General Baxter
29-05-06, 11:57 AM
admin please make this a sticky for future reference

when sending items through the post (cash parts etc) you should use special delivery this way the post office guarantees that your package will get to its destination if it doesnt then the post office have to reinburse you

if you send things through recorded delivery an they go missing you dont have a leg to stand on the post office will not give you any money back an they cant track your item either, they only tell you if its been signed for or not

i vote, DONT make this a sticky, as if people dont allready know this, have they been sleeping in the gutter?
i dont use the PO/RM to send stuff as the things i send are to large, DHL are the best and only ?10 +VAT next day :)

Paul16v
29-05-06, 12:11 PM
rm are ok as long as you insure your package and keep proof of postage.
but i use dhl for posting wheels etc its alot easier thru them.

Adam
29-05-06, 01:27 PM
Not everyone is going to want to pay for Special Recorded Delivery tho, i wouldn't,Lol.

I've never had anything go missing in about 4yrs of buying/selling things, be it a parcel, or sending cash in a envelope using just standard post/parcels.

dan23
29-05-06, 01:34 PM
i had to items go missing in the same month both contained cash