PDA

View Full Version : Nova SRI tuning??

Nobby
28-05-06, 03:23 PM
I might be geting 1 soon and want 2 get the most out of the little beast, i want good acceleration and abit of grunt up top but more so acceleration, was thinking of a kent cam but does anyone know how much these are and how much dif will they make??:thumb:

mikey14sr
28-05-06, 05:11 PM
Changing the final drive ratio will make the biggest difference to acceleration although at the expense of losing maximum speed. Even in standard form the sri isnt far off a gsi really. For changing the final drive look for the guide in faq/ technical guides section

johnny27
28-05-06, 07:13 PM
you use kent 295 cam, decent power but you'll need changes to your fueling (ecu map) not much point in fittingf any lower deg cams as they'll not give much power. Of course there are higher deg cams out there, but 295 is decent enough for road use, whereas a 306 deg cam will not be very managable around traffic. You can just use the other basic tuning mods, which will give good power as the small block 8 valves espically the sri and 1600se engine are very good at responding to engine mods. Try 4 branch manifold, good exhaust system, and get some mild headwork, it won't take much though as the sri head is a great flowing head, maybe just a mild polish of inlet ports and full polish of the exhaust ports. Also someone here can recommend what mods you'll need for the valve/valve seating. When all is fitted you'll need to get your ECU setup if possible, or change to a mappable system

craig green
28-05-06, 09:41 PM
I'd undoubtably go for a big valve head from the likes of Blydenstein if you can find one, or a Courtenay CS 15. 4 branch & a nice stainless system with some new NGK plugs & keep her well serviced.

Friend of mine got a Courtenay head on his & it made an awesome difference. Well worth the money.

CG