PDA

View Full Version : New Look Site

James B
27-05-06, 04:40 PM
To those that may be interested ( and even to those of you who aren't ) I have spent the past couple of days re-designing my site.

Wondered if I could get any feedback, positive or negative?

Website is here (http://www.jbandg.co.uk/)

Cheers all

James

Lee
27-05-06, 05:16 PM
I like it mate. Nice and simple and to the point! I hate websites that dont make it clear what the hell it is they do!

Myself and my business partner have been fiddling with ours too. www.wireitup.co.uk

James B
27-05-06, 05:49 PM
I like it mate. Nice and simple and to the point! I hate websites that dont make it clear what the hell it is they do!

Myself and my business partner have been fiddling with ours too. www.wireitup.co.uk (http://www.wireitup.co.uk)

Like it mate, top work. Looks the part - very professional.

What have have you used to write it?

I do a lot of work in Dreamweaver, just tryin to get to grips with Flash MX :confused:

Lee
27-05-06, 05:54 PM
I dunno what software he uses, i just wrote most of the blurb. he uses a Mac which makes it even harder for me to understand what the hell is going on lol

James B
27-05-06, 05:58 PM
lol fair enough. What have you done so far for your marketing?

I'm struggling to think of innovative ways to get the site noticed at the moment to the people it matters to.

Lee
27-05-06, 06:20 PM
we're in an odd industry. The web site isnt really the first point of call for the client, normally its word of mouth from someone saying 'cracking boardroom, who did it?'

Were going to try online business pages search engines which would normally be the best place for people to find us / you. not sure on the prices yet though, been too busy!

ade
27-05-06, 06:32 PM
both sites are v slick.

James - is your target audience is the general public, commercial or both?

Youve got several club/pub based flyers - perhaps target the breweries direct?

word of mouth is always good.

as is standing on a street corner giving out flyers.

It all depends on who your target market is

Have you thought of speaking to business gateway - they can help with small businesses especially on finding the right audience and where to advertise...

James B
29-05-06, 11:07 AM
both sites are v slick.

James - is your target audience is the general public, commercial or both?

Youve got several club/pub based flyers - perhaps target the breweries direct?

word of mouth is always good.

as is standing on a street corner giving out flyers.

It all depends on who your target market is

Have you thought of speaking to business gateway - they can help with small businesses especially on finding the right audience and where to advertise...

Definately the more commercial side of things, doing artwork for small independant businesses first as seeing what happens from there. Was lucky enough to get some work from Laurel - who own Yates's, Slug and Lettuce, Litten Tree etc..

Flyers are currently flying in ironically from Holland of all places.. will be dishing them out to the appropraite places soon.

Cheers for your help and opinions!