PDA

View Full Version : Cream !

BigStan
26-05-06, 06:24 PM
Hi, i had my head gasket done about 2 months ago as it had blown, a couple of weeks after that there was still cream on the oil cap so i flushed the engine out twice again !
Now there is still cream on the oil cap, im a bit worried about this.
Is it normal ? Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Stuart
27-05-06, 09:05 AM
do you only do short (5-10miles) journeys? if so then tis feesable that the oils not getting hot enough to steam off any excess water....

failing that then your gasket has possibly gone again.

19-NoZ-19
27-05-06, 10:17 AM
yeah you could have a blocked pipe,and your getting condensation building up mate.

rick

SRlew
27-05-06, 11:56 AM
thats whats happended to my brother xr2. we thought it'd just blown again. but might have to investigate now you 2 have said that.

BigStan
27-05-06, 01:01 PM
Surely it couldnt have blown again ! So if i got a blocked up pipe then how would i go about unblocking it or even locating it ?

Lee
27-05-06, 06:30 PM
This is a really stupid question but i have to ask it...

You are wiping the mayo off the cap before you replace it arn't you?

johnny27
28-05-06, 03:18 PM
Check the big pipe from the little vacum unit on the block below the intake. Its usually the guilty one for being blocked.

Donova
28-05-06, 07:35 PM
Thought my head gasket was on it's way out, but now the weather's a bit warmer it seems fine,plus a few more miles makes a difference as has been said.

Ben
29-05-06, 08:13 PM
If the headgasket wasnt done properly when done then they are more likely to go again within 10k miles. Did you have the head pressure checked? Or a skim?

Or did they just replace the gasket, as you may well have done more damage than you thought when it went the first place.

Only way to tell is with a compression check, the guage will only cost ?10-15