PDA

View Full Version : GTE - odd problem

G-MANS
25-05-06, 10:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a nova GTE with nvo61 kent cams, B+ clinder head, modded airbox, fse boost valve and full Magnex exhaust. My car has been serviced regularly by a very good mechanic and the engine is running 100%. I recently had a rolling road tuning session (at Sanspeed) inorder to make the cams run fine. The timing ,fse boost valve etc... were all adjusted and the car was running a fairly decent power reading of 122 bhp.

BUT, recently out of the blue whilst driving along my car loses its power and when accelarting it feels like its being flooded and runs lumpy. Also the fuel gauge reading from full drops to empty and the fuel light goes on indicating i have no fuel (when i have a full tank). If i drive really slowly the car stays on, though if i come to a standstill the car switches off. However whilst this is happening for no reason at all the car goes back to normal - fule gauge rises and the power is back and the car is flying again as it always does.

Has this happened to anyone and has anyone any idea what the problem could be? Please help!

I have new fuel filter, Magnecor leads, and other major service parts changed and fitted.

Cheers

G

mowgli
25-05-06, 10:53 PM
I would look at the electrical connections to the pump & tank sender, maybe the wires have chafed & are earthing out.

craig green
25-05-06, 11:07 PM
Hmmm

Initially I was thinking it was like a prob I had with my E16', but never found.

But the electrical issues must be the cause. Run an earth lead from the alt brkt to the -ve terminal on the battery & see if it does it again.

CG

G-MANS
25-05-06, 11:17 PM
Cheers guys, i'll check those suggestions out on saturday

partytownsri
26-05-06, 12:14 AM
i have got an sri with a piper cam kit, ported and polished head, 4 branch, fse, filter and at the moment mine is spluttering at high revs and only when warm, and to stop it spluttering i have slow down then pic it back up. so i tryed new plugs, leads, dizzy cap, lamda sensor, throttle position sensor,idle control valve and new injectors and still it spluttered. so its at racemodz trying to get sorted, so if they can fix it i will let you know because it sounds like my problem