PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seatbelts

Festerfly
25-05-06, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know if the rear seatbelts from a cavalier will fit in the rear of a nova and if they are any longer overall as we struggle to fit our son's rearward facing car seat in the back of our runaround nova....

Cheers

Lee

LUV2XLR8
25-05-06, 12:29 PM
i think they should fit, but i cant see them being any longer than a nova's seat belt.

Festerfly
25-05-06, 12:54 PM
i thought they might be seeing as i can get the car seat in the back of the cavalier with no problems.......

bump
25-05-06, 01:56 PM
I think some are longer, the mounting points in a mates Cav were furthur back IIRC. so i'd guess that they would have to be a bit longer to compensate.

Cheers

Bump

dannyb
25-05-06, 02:01 PM
I have the same problem when I take my nephew out for a ride, his seat only just fits in the front and even then the seat has to be right back with a load of recline. Give Cav belts a go and let me know if it works, 9 month old children MUST experience Novas as a vital part of their development.

Festerfly
25-05-06, 03:14 PM
LOL..
well if i manage to fix my nova's oil habit tonight then if i get enough time will unbolt a belt and give it a go! lol

mowgli
25-05-06, 11:11 PM
it should fit in the front ok with the seat pushed back.
The inertia units from the cav would have to be mounted exactly right as they can lock up if only a few degrees out, its part of the design..

Festerfly
26-05-06, 09:39 AM
well didnt get a chance to try the belts last night.. but the seat deifnately doesnt fit in the front...

Not safely anyway.