PDA

View Full Version : Fans

Anonymous
11-01-01, 09:15 PM
Anyone had and solved the problem of one or more of the 3 speeds on the heater fans failing? Cheers

Anonymous
11-01-01, 09:17 PM
Sorry the page had expired and forced me to send again - sodding thing

Anonymous
11-01-01, 10:40 PM
im having problems with my bloody heaters aswell! my slide switches are sticking and dont change the heater over eg. move slide to windows having air and my feet are still getting it. and i cant change to cold air its a bastard! for your problem try taking the speeds dial out and check all the connections in the back are ok. if u find anyone who can sort u out let me know

Anonymous
12-01-01, 01:01 AM
mines squeaking! lol

Anonymous
12-01-01, 09:37 AM
i had the problem of one of the speeds not working in my mark1 nova. i just ripped the switch out and put a new one in.....

Anonymous
12-01-01, 02:03 PM
To fix the squeeking, open the bonnet and remove the black plactic cover from over the motor. Spray the ends of the motor stator with wd40, if it wears off to quickly try some thicker oil. It is caused by worn bushes at the end of the shaft usually.

Anonymous
12-01-01, 03:22 PM
I,ve just read my last message and it is crap, the stator is the coper coloured bit that the brushes run on. Don't get wd40 on this it will cause the brushes to stick. The bit you need to oil is the bushes right at the ends of the centre shaft on the motor.