PDA

View Full Version : how do i fit this?

chimp007_uk
24-05-06, 12:24 PM
hi,
i recently bought a chipped ecu and uprated fuel pressure regulator, have fitted the ecu but i'm struggling with the fuel pressure regulator. here's some pics:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/DSC00168.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/DSC00169.jpg

it is fitted to the standard fuel rail, using an adapter plate. but i'm not sure what to do with the fuel pipes now... it still has the 2 standard ports going to the rail, but now has the extra port on the pressure regulator. i'm confused as what to do...??

help, please...

craig green
24-05-06, 01:07 PM
Think, you ignore the return on the original fuel rail & plumb the return line to the FSE.

The reg effectively blocks the return line until it reaches set pressure & then releases unwanted fuel back to tank in a loop. Thats how it holds the pressure in the rail.

CG

Anyone else??

johnny27
24-05-06, 01:09 PM
What engine or car are you fitting these things to?
Will you please tell me what benefit or gains when you get it finished and car going

chimp007_uk
24-05-06, 02:11 PM
thanks for the help guys, i'm guessing the return on the rail is the one tube which joins the rail under the adapter where the original pressure reg used to be?

im using them on a nova gte. the engine was originally worked on by an employee of mountune racing. has extensive head work (ported out), 4-1 manifold and high lift cam. not sure if the pistons and bore etc have been played with, wont find out till it needs the head gasket or cam belt replacing. i've fitted a k&n filter charger instead of an induction kit as i wanted to keep everything standard looking.

as regards performance, the car is really quick.

the ecu does help, at lower revs before the cam comes in at 4000rpm. i'm hoping the fse will help smooth everything out.

chimp007_uk
24-05-06, 06:08 PM
is the return on the rail the tube that joins the rail underneath the pressure regulator?

Adam
24-05-06, 08:13 PM
Yep.