PDA

View Full Version : Engine Help

Crossy
24-05-06, 11:20 AM
As some of you are aware i've been looking for a gsi engine to replace the fcuked Sri one.

Someone local has now offered me a fully rebuilt Sri engine with a flowed head and Grp A rally cam.

The only problem being, he says it doesnt run worth a **** with the standard Ecu.

Any ideas on how to solve this or would running twin 40's solve the problem ?

Crossy
24-05-06, 02:34 PM
Anyone ?

chimp007_uk
24-05-06, 03:04 PM
uprated fuel pressure regulator might help the fueling, get the standard ecu chipped or get mappable ecu and get the whole engine remapped. i have a high lift cam in my gte engine, runs lumpy, fitted a chipped ecu, and that helped, fitting a fse so will see how that goes

Crossy
24-05-06, 06:04 PM
Waiting to here from Dastek about a Unichip.

Has anyone else used a Grp A rally cam, will it be ok for everyday road use or should i change the cam for something else ?

Stuart
24-05-06, 06:12 PM
by the time youve paid for the unichip and then had it mapped you would ahve paid similar to a full on aftermarket ECU and mapping, plus you will be able to take it to other cars in futute

Crossy
24-05-06, 06:19 PM
Dastek supply and fit the Unichip and map/set up the car in one session !

Cant see it costing as much as stand alone ecu etc !

craig green
24-05-06, 06:28 PM
I'd ditch the cam for one that is half sensible. A cam with some torque below 3500rpm will probably result in a quicker car, point to point anyway.

Its not like you spend all day understeering through gravel, flatchat at 7500rpm is it?

CG

Crossy
24-05-06, 06:57 PM
Was thinkin that ? What cam do you suggest ?