PDA

View Full Version : Nova`s shouldnt smoke!!!!

Spudly
23-05-06, 06:35 PM
How stupid do i feel as ive just set fire to my nova and i wasnt even in it lol, ive had the dash out sorting out some wiring cos it was all badly done (done quickly lol) and when i put the dash back in the battery seemed to have gone dead (been stood a while till i get paid n restart me insurance) so i jus locked the doors manually and left her be.
Just been to her now with my mate so i could jump start her (can open bonnet from outside cos the release cable snapped lol) and when we connected the jump leads smoke started pouring out inside from where the clocks shoud sit as the dash is only half re-fitted, and as ive disconnected my door locks and the alarm refused to work ive jus had to bend the door open (again as it was done just before i bought it back) which is a horrible feelin to do loland try to fish the door pin up to unlock the door!!!

After getting in and pulling all me wiring for my central locking and push button start out from behind the dash i found it was my own fault as ive only wired the relay for the start with spade connectors as i didnt get the proper plug with it, and as ive moved the relay behind the dash i trapped the earth and the live together and it fried my earth wire, thank fcuk it was only that and nothing more essential like the main loom lol, but the moral of the story is boys and girls, even if you are pressed for time always make sure your wiring is good and dont bodge it as you may not be as lucky as ive just been!!!

Bit of a pointless story i know but wanted to share lol!!!

craig green
24-05-06, 10:08 AM
Thats harsh. Bet you wont do that again in a hurry.

Kids remember, cars arent toys!

CG

Ste L
24-05-06, 11:50 AM
why did you bend the door back can get in, in less that 30sec's without doing no damnage :confused:

Spudly
24-05-06, 10:23 PM
Not when youve disconnected the door locks and shortened the door lock pins, it makes it a touch difficult lol, i know of most other ways to get in hence me making sure they aint possible or not easy anyways lol!!!
And i used the door cos ive ghotta replace it soon anyway as its already been bent out n wont sit properly now anyway!! :-(