PDA

View Full Version : Which car cover....???

Torroni
23-05-06, 01:53 PM
Unfortunatly I can't keep my recently restored nova garaged. It sits on the drive but I want to get a cover to keep off any nasties!! Can anyone reccomend a decent car cover... are the ones from halfords any good? They also have a premium cover called 'Tyvek'.

andybishop
23-05-06, 02:01 PM
The ones from Halfords (Tyvek) are very good as they are line with a material, i used one of these for quite a while, starting to look tatty now though as i was using it on my shell and it got a bit ripped on rough edges when i was cutting rear panel and stuff out. Will be getting a new one soon.

craig green
23-05-06, 02:13 PM
Ive got a Tyvek one also. Quite good, breathable techy fabric & comes with a bag & elasticated under body straps etc.

If its just for indoor/garaged use I'd be tempted to go for a cloth one. Theres a few advertisers in back of exchange & mart & TOP Gear mag.

CG

Jack
23-05-06, 06:15 PM
I had a halfords one, kept my hatch undercover during the week when I used to use the saloon. Bear in mind the wind easily gets under them so you might want to use additional fixings (I used 3 additional ropes).

NickWalliams
23-05-06, 06:45 PM
yeah I had one of them halfords ones was excellent! until some pikey came and stole it off my car!

RJM25R
23-05-06, 07:55 PM
Fancy one of these.... How much are they????

Jack
23-05-06, 08:05 PM
Halfords:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?searchTerm=car+cover&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&pageSize=10000&beginIndex=0&beginIndexForPagination=0&sType=SimpleSearch&searchType=EXACT&searchTermCaseSensitive=no&searchTermOperator=LIKE&searchTermScope=3&coSearchSkuEnabled=true&resultCatEntryType=2&sortOrder=ascending&resultType=2&topCategoryId=ALL&x=0&y=0

...could probably get them on ebay though?

Torroni
24-05-06, 09:51 AM
Sounds good... I'll be taking a trip to Halfords very soon!!