PDA

View Full Version : Camber and Toe-in measurments ?

Anonymous
09-01-01, 08:06 PM
What`s the best way to measure toe-in and camber on a nova? I want 0 camber (the same as the back if that helps?) and 0 toe in. Anyone any ides? I`ve already modded the shocker bottoms for adjusting the camber but everytime you change that it knocks the tracking out!

Anonymous
10-01-01, 09:09 AM
Kev, the 0 toe in sounds good. But you could do with a small amount of negative camber so that when you corner and the car rolls over slightly and the outside loaded wheel will sit flat on the road. You will probably need 1-2 degrees only, see what it says in the haynes manual as standard. You will need a camber guage to set it up, and then get the tracking set afterwards. I presume you are going to weld some washers to the slotted hole on the strut once it is set to prevent it moving about when you go through a pot hole.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 07:49 PM
Cheers, I`m not going to weld the washers on until I`ve run it for a few miles to check the camber`s still ok and it feels right. I do need to roughly set the toe-in though as the nearest place that does a decent job is 6miles away and it`ll be horrendous to drive whitout alteration.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 08:55 PM
i had the same prob kieth the wheel was shaking all over the shop
i just drove it like that on snow

i cant weld the washers though coz the shocer would come back out

mine drives really nice now

for a change

Anonymous
12-01-01, 07:27 PM
Micky, if you take the wheel off and clean the top and bottom of the shocker bolt washers you can spot weld them without altering the camber setting / taking the shocker off. After you`ve spot welded it, the washers shouldn`t move anyway.