PDA

View Full Version : quaife atb help

pul16v
20-05-06, 02:26 PM
hey guys ive got a nova gte with an xe lump running an f20 with an quaife atb diff just since ive fitted the engine and box when going round mainly left hand corners the rear end off the car seems to want to come round and feels extreemly light just wondering what difernces you found with haveing the atb in

thanx
pul16v

Stuart
20-05-06, 09:27 PM
the atb will make the front end grip and pull in better thus accentuating the back ends influence on teh car where it usde to be mostly the front sus having the most influence...

rear ARB is a must

dhdev (Oli)
21-05-06, 10:48 PM
Without a diff the inside wheel will spin up and attempt to accelerate the car straight on, i.e towards the outside of the corner. with the diff fitted both wheels retain drive and the car will accelerate where the wheels are pointed. The greater speed u r therefore carrying round the corner can create a force big enough to overcome the rear grip thus pushing the back end out. At least thats what i reckon lol.

My nova fitted with an ATB has a tendency to not only lift-off oversteer but occasionally push-on oversteer if there is such a term lol