PDA

View Full Version : 57i Induction??

Anonymous
08-01-01, 06:26 PM
Can u only fit a K & N induction kit to fuel injected motor. ie an SRi but not an SR. Pardon me if this is fecking odvious.

Anonymous
08-01-01, 08:28 PM
The indiction kit is a cone filter, modified air inlet mounting and a peice of pipe to ram cold air from the grill to the filter. Non injected cars have a modified air filter, which replaces the airbox. You coul still use a piece of pipe to ram cold air from the grill to the filter though.

Anonymous
08-01-01, 09:08 PM
The SR has a carb, and all the models below it run on carbs, these have an air box that fits on top of them that can be replaced with one of those shiny bolt on K&N's. Injection Novas which are the SRi, GTe and GSi dont have carbs, instead they have an injection box which is a lot bigger than the carb so the air box has to be relocated just behind the front right headlight. This is why the 57i is a cone with a piece of tube attached and is no way intended for an SR. Also there more expensive than the K&N's for SR's.

Anonymous
09-01-01, 12:36 AM
i did what keith mac said about using a pipe. i used a volvo induction pipe and put a 57i onto the end of it

Anonymous
09-01-01, 07:50 PM
MY 57i IS VERY QUITE, ANYIDEAS?