PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of sticky stuff ??

draper
19-05-06, 08:58 PM
ive just removed my mk1 GTE wrap around spoiler and been left with all that lovely sticky stuff ? its kinda like the stuff that sticks on bump strips on some model novas??
i think iread somewhere that a hair drier helps, but i havent got 1 and i wanna get it done tonight !!

Jack
19-05-06, 09:06 PM
Its much easier using heat - softens up the glue you see. Give it a try with some bug & tar remover and a plastic scraper (so as not to damage the paint); if that doesn't work try a little bit of white spirit or meths.

draper
19-05-06, 09:07 PM
not to bothered about damaing the paint as i dont know what colour my new cars gonna be

johnny27
19-05-06, 10:48 PM
heat gun is better than hair dryer if you have one? As hair dryer's tend to blow up at full heat for long periods.

Tim
21-05-06, 11:53 AM
heat gun is better than hair dryer if you have one? As hair dryer's tend to blow up at full heat for long periods.

take this advice, i burnt out my moms hairdrier removing the side strips. i wasnt to popular for a day or two..
lol

db_1.2
21-05-06, 12:13 PM
yeh use heat, also a fudge wheel does the trick, but instead i got an old cloth, wrapped it round a 240v drill, and got left with big scraps in my paintwork!lol so id advise NOT to do that, after that insident i used a lot of heat with a black and decker heat gun and a bottle of t-cut, not the wax stuff either - that doesnt work:thumb::thumb: