PDA

View Full Version : Rose Jointed Wishbones, where from?

NovaNeil
19-05-06, 12:29 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to source some Rose Joints for my Wishbones for a few weeks now. 2 sets have been and gone on Ebay for ?70 and ?100. Does anyone know if these are still made new (as TAS used to make them) or is it only second hand ones available now?

I've tried EuroRally and a few other rally suppliers. Just wondering if theres anywhere I can get them from?

Cheers

Neil

NovaNeil
19-05-06, 12:30 PM
Sorry "Rose Jointed TCA's" (Track Control Arms) is the official name for what im after.... i've just always called them wishbones.

Cheers

cornish
19-05-06, 12:59 PM
Try a chap called Chris Astley at Chris Astley Motorsport, not sure on his contact details but he posts as 'rallyman' on Mig and RB.

Austin_Nova16
19-05-06, 03:08 PM
Just bought some 'In-situ' adjustable TCA's for my RWD nova.
Got them from http://www.compbrake.co.uk/

May be worth seeing if they can do any... or you can just buy the adjusters themselves..

novamadman
19-05-06, 03:27 PM
speak to allan at protec

lj
19-05-06, 05:42 PM
http://www.rallyusedparts.co.uk/

craig green
21-05-06, 05:32 PM
Ive got the TAs ones. It would seem as though TAS are now compbrake I reckon.
Wouldnt be the hardest thing in the world to make the kits up, the rod ends are easily enough to source & anyone with an engineering understanding could design the end blocks.

Awesome mod, possibly my best purchase after the Courtenay conversion.

CG

johnny27
21-05-06, 08:31 PM
craig what benfits do you feel with the rose jointed TCAs? and what advantage are they over std?

dhdev (Oli)
21-05-06, 10:38 PM
I agree with craig its an awesome mod. The rose joints actually allow the suspension to work, as the friction in the joint is greatly reduced. I found that my suspension actually felt to soft after fitting them. The feel is greatly increased as the play is removed from front end. it can make it quite an uncomfortable ride on the road as u feel every piece of gravel ;) but the front end definately feels more planted, don't tend to get so much wheel slap when accelerating hard/wheelspinning. It also allows camber adjustment as the rod-ends are obviously threaded allowing the length of the arm to be adjusted.

I did fit them at the same time as the lowered/rose-jointed tie rod brackets so some improvements may be due to these also. which leads me on to bigging up these too, they greatly reduce the cars tendency to dive under braking and rise on acceleration again a mod definately worth the ???'s. :thumb: