PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SRi wont start when warm..again!

NovaB3ast
19-05-06, 12:08 PM
Hi

Posted about this before. Still not got it fixed! It starts first time in the morning when cold no problem, but soon as its warm it wont start. I was advised the last time I posted it could be the choke (automatic)

could someone please advise how I disconnect this when warm to see if its the problem?

It also does some random revving - can the choke cause this?

Many Thanks

Adam
19-05-06, 06:41 PM
It has no choke.

Fuel pump relay would be my first thing to change.

Or coolant temperature sensor, but i dont think that would stop the car from starting.

johnny27
19-05-06, 10:30 PM
had same prob on a few of my novas. Apperantly on some nova's the dizzy goes faulty and cause's the car not to start when warm, and same as you i could start the car alright when cold. I changed the dizzy and had no problems. Although my dizzy was on a SPi engine, so i don't know if its the same dizzy on the MPi engines. Same goes for Spi MK3 astra's

Riggy
20-05-06, 01:44 PM
also aplies to the coil , when its get warm the internal compants expands , making a **** spark

Adam
20-05-06, 03:55 PM
had same prob on a few of my novas. Apperantly on some nova's the dizzy goes faulty and cause's the car not to start when warm, and same as you i could start the car alright when cold. I changed the dizzy and had no problems. Although my dizzy was on a SPi engine, so i don't know if its the same dizzy on the MPi engines. Same goes for Spi MK3 astra's
Yup i've had that too.
The hallsensor in the dizzy plays up and doesn't send a signal to the ecu to say the engine is rotating=no spark.

Or as riggy said, the coil overheats and gives no spark.

Both have happened to me on my old 1400SPI engine.

Depends on the year of the SRi engine, early ones had a hall sensor dizzy, later ones had dispak and cranksensor.

NovaB3ast
22-05-06, 01:00 PM
It has no choke.

Fuel pump relay would be my first thing to change.

Or coolant temperature sensor, but i dont think that would stop the car from starting.

I thought every car had a choke, whether it be automatic or manual?

Ill try dizzy cap, and a few others mentioned above. cheers

Adam
22-05-06, 01:04 PM
Injection engines dont have a choke, the ecu simply makes the engine idle higher when cold.