PDA

View Full Version : Gearstick boot gater shroud (what ever you want to call them)

treeted
17-05-06, 06:41 PM
Need a new Shroud for my gearstick as the 1 Ive got on at the moment is ripped after 14 years. does anyone know anywhere i can get 1 from? doesn't have to be a vauxhall it could be leather or anything. Its a Mk 2 with a center console.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Steve

Welsh Dan
17-05-06, 07:33 PM
Demon tweaks/scrapyard?

treeted
17-05-06, 07:46 PM
Ace again what a guy lol

Do you know any good scrapyards round mold/wrexham I only know jacksons ewloe hill and the 2 novas theyve got ive had the best bits off.

Welsh Dan
17-05-06, 08:35 PM
Its been a long while since I looked but..

jaques near the general station in wrexham, i think theres one in johnstown, I got a few bits off a cav there once, saw a few novas, however that was 2 years ago. Next time I speak to my parents I'll find out if dad knows of any more in the area.

RJM25R
18-05-06, 08:26 AM
I Think I've Got A Leather One Somewhere. If I Can Find It, I'll Post Up Pics And You Can Have It For A Fiver+postage.i's Mint

Jack
18-05-06, 05:27 PM
I managed to get an aftermarket one to fit, Cosmic I think it was. Bit of a stretch mind you...

Nova_Tek
18-05-06, 06:32 PM
I bought a leather one off ebay brand new for ?10. Its very good quality but unfortunately doesnt keep shape like the standard gaiters nova's have.

In which case you will need to fabricate a internal frame so that the gaiter takes shape when fitted. Unfortunately I have had no time to do this even tho I have had the gaiter for a while. :(

treeted
19-05-06, 05:07 PM
Nova Tek
Seen 1 on ebay it says somthing about it fitting over the original 1.

Ace yeh bin to Jaques to get a replacement rear light for a transit after a small accident with a lampost in the park behind victoria school lol.

Yeh Razor halfords have got 1 think it might be a rip-speed 1 but dont think the bottom is wide enough and i aint wasting ?30 to find out.

RJM25R PM you mate.

Steve