mods required

advantages

problems

any info welcome

cheers shane

R1CH
17-05-06, 10:29 AM
whos done it - Me !

mods required - Loads, you've gotta chop out the centre carpet support, chop of the bracket that held the origional shifter, plate over the hole, cut a hole near the bulkhead for the rod to pass thru, then mod the Cav lever to mate up with the Nova linkage.

advantages - Erm ... gives you more room underneath for a big exhaust, looks cool !

problems - Getting the f*cker to work !

any info welcome - I wouldn't bother, (at the minuet) it doesn't feel as good as the standard Nova lever, you'd be better off getting a rose jointed Nova linkage !

Top mod ! lol

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/DSC00378.jpg

Rich

craig green
17-05-06, 11:11 AM
Looks cool + you get to choose how far away you mount it from your optimum driving position. I find the std lever a little too far forward which makes this mod attractive to me.

Shame Rich finds it a vague shift. I beleive others have done it with good results.

CG

Ste L
17-05-06, 11:47 AM
from what i've heard it gives a better feel to it, and not as sloppy as the nove linkage

Stuart
17-05-06, 11:50 AM
you still have the sloppy std nova linkage there though lol.

i found that i took the nova gear lever out, cleaned the balls up and molly greased them and refitted. seems to be nice and smooooooooooth now..

dhdev (Oli)
17-05-06, 06:10 PM
Bought a fibreglass bonnet off a guy that rally's a 1.4 16v. He uses an F15 box and in the past has used the cavalier or astra internal gear lever set up, but he said without the standard ball joint arrangement. He said he connected the shaft straight to the bit of the selector that pokes out the top of the box, quaife stylee. Would this work? if so surley this would be an awesome mod at a bargin basement price!

Stuart
17-05-06, 09:13 PM
you have to move the pivot to the other side of the ball joint... eg the top. to go in direct to the selector turret. see chris T's car