PDA

View Full Version : help with changing a clutch cable please

SRlew
16-05-06, 12:14 PM
right just swapped the clutch cable, but you know the white round box thing on the cable that connetc on to the gearbox. well i carnt get it to sit on the location its ment to be if you know what i mean:confused: it was also very hard to get that part out when i removed the old one.

what can i try to get it in?

help appreciated, lew

craig green
16-05-06, 12:37 PM
With the cable routed & kinda in place. Connect the nipple to the clutch pedal. The last thing is to mount the other barrel threaded end over the lever ontop the box. The part you mention should have been slotted in earlier.

Just adjust it up on the threaded end barrel.

Then wiggle & move it about (whole cable) if it still feels stiff.

CG

SRlew
16-05-06, 12:46 PM
yer i got it kinda in place but that white bit just wont go in to that part in the gearbox, so dont know what to try and do to get it in. any sugestions, was yours like this? (if you'v swapped one)

cheers, lew

craig green
16-05-06, 12:50 PM
Should be a slot in the top. Place the braided cable through the slot & then push the white lug into its stop.

Maybe clean out the stop on the g/box as it can get rather crappy. Sure you have correct cable?

Ive never had that trouble. I usually struggle to do the pedal end. (on my back)

CG

SRlew
16-05-06, 12:54 PM
yer is right cable, will go try clean it out. and yer i had loads of trouble getting to the pedal end, i ended up getting stuck, looked like a right t**t.

SRlew
16-05-06, 01:02 PM
right sorted. as you said mate. it was fuul of crap, so filled it all out. dont suppose you know if i can adjust it so i dont have to push the pedal right to the floor do you?

my mate done it to his xr2, and you only had to push the pedal a little bit.

cheers, lew

Ste L
16-05-06, 01:03 PM
turn the white nut type thing on the thread a few turns should sort that out ;)

SRlew
16-05-06, 01:07 PM
ah right will try it.

craig green
16-05-06, 01:10 PM
Just be carefull the pedal dosent rise up too high next to brake pedal.

CG

SRlew
16-05-06, 01:15 PM
^ lol yer it did! any way of doing it but then making the pedal go back down if you know what i mean?

lew