PDA

View Full Version : Serious back preasure

acnova
14-05-06, 06:53 PM
Only had my webers on for a couple of days and was well impressed so i was running a muck for a while lol wen i noticed a lot of smoke from under the bonnet:mad: I think i must have fried the rings, just hope i didnt damage the pystons. Cud this have been caused from too much fuel and washing the oil off the rings ? Cos it did seem like der was a lot of petrols fumes wen i was driving it. I only had the regulator on 2, so cud the mix have been off cos i never got the chance to get it rollin roaded.

Stuart
14-05-06, 06:55 PM
sounds like you were running it too lean and its eaten a piston....

Adam
14-05-06, 06:57 PM
If you didn't get it setup, the mixture could of been way off what is right for your engine.

Did you notice any black smoke out the exhaust whilst you were driving?

acnova
14-05-06, 07:00 PM
Yep lots of black smoke from the exchaust and the breather pipe. If the pistons are fcuked do you know wer id get new bigger ones cos i have to get it rebored wudnt i ?

Stuart
14-05-06, 07:06 PM
please make an attempt to type nearly correctly lol.

if you were running at 2psi on the reg then there wouldnt have been enough fuel etc blah blah.
he means smoke FROM the exhaust pipe, not coming off the outside in the bay etc. id say that the rings atleast are shagged which is blowing past into the crank case causing the "smoke" from the breather etc

acnova
14-05-06, 07:14 PM
Yeah well the EXCHAUST was kinda smokey but only after i noticed the smoke coming from under the bonnet. And i burned a lot of oil. Im getten the head taken off tomorow to see what the damage is so fingers crossed. What should i have the reg. at its a facet fuel pump and a 1.6 T40

Stuart
14-05-06, 07:15 PM
3-4psi

acnova
14-05-06, 07:24 PM
Sound i'll let ya know how bad it is when i get the head off 2moro.