PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Red Top Conversion!

FlashPascoe
12-05-06, 10:49 PM
This has been the big thing for me since i started driving!! Not quite the ultimate, but i cant afford a Turbo.

I have been offered a scrap Astra for cheap with everything there. So im thinking its time. But first things first, i need a Nova. I want a 2dr Saloon, which im trying to hunt down for half decent money!!

So anything up to 500 quid is what im willing to spend on a half decent 2/3dr shell. I have all the correct bits with the GTE.

How cheap can i do it? I'm on a real budget, cause i have my Series 1 Turbo for the weekends! Can i realistically do it for a grand or under?

Help!!!!!

Ste L
13-05-06, 08:31 AM
probably a squeeze for under 1k.. all depends how cheap you get the bits, mine cost less than that, due to engine being so cheap, and getting loads of free parts, and also having bits from old nova to take

nova~norm
13-05-06, 09:29 AM
mine is @ about 600 just now thats 4 engine box loom ect mounts shafts cv plating kit

BIGS
13-05-06, 01:45 PM
Yea you can do it easy. There is a guy on ebay selling a coversion kit for ?212.50p inc p+p. Thats shafts,mounts,hubs and gearbox spacer. Then go to a scrapy and get a nova gte fuel tank for around ?10. I will get the link up in a min but he puts them up every few days so just keep checking it. And i think thats all you need. Good luck with it all.

BIGS
13-05-06, 01:48 PM
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpate4713

Just keep checking it he will have some on there very soon.

Festerfly
17-05-06, 04:29 PM
well the 3 door nova i am using was ?264 - the reg was taken off and used for something else and i have been given the car.

The Redtop was in a GSI which i bought and have now broken and recouped all my purchase cost from just selling small componants and items not needed for the swap.

so far its cost me...

Car ?0
Engine, box, loom, pump, etc ?0

still got to get driveshafts, mount kit and thats it!

nova~norm
17-05-06, 05:49 PM
i have the bits mate

NickWalliams
17-05-06, 06:23 PM
1k would pay for a mint conversion if doing the work yourself!

nova~norm
17-05-06, 09:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641657631&fromMakeTrack=true